July 2014 Moms
Options

What's your favorite childhood book?

I saw on Pinterest a woman bought a book for her LO and had everyone at her shower sign it or write a little note. I thought it was a cute idea but I don't know what book to buy.

What's a favorite of yours?
imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What's your favorite childhood book?

• Options
    Velveteen Rabbit
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Goodnight moon
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What a lovely idea!
    If you want a book for a baby... There's always "love you forever", "oh the places you'll go", or "guess how much I love you"
    But my favourite children's book is "the little prince" I still read that one from time to time.
    Oh! The velveteen rabbit is a good one too.
  • Options
    You are my I love you
  • Options
    Guess how much i love you
  • Options
    mamakissmamakiss member
    edited June 2014
    The giving tree. That and "Where the Sidewalk Ends" were gifts from my mom (who did not raise me) and they were my most prized possessions as a child.

I also carried around a huge dusty copy of the Brothers Grimm fairy tales from a very young age. The morbid fairy tales were my favorites.

I like this idea! I read my copy of these books to pieces, so I was wary of passing them on, but maybe I'll get new copies of one to do this...
  • Options
    I agree that a collection of some sort would be better and longer lasting than a more "basic" kids book. Shel Silverstein can't go wrong. I also have the Brothers Grim and Aesops Fables.
  • Options

I read "A visit with Rosalind" when I was about 10 & it's been my favorite ever since. I want a copy for DD's room. It's just fun to read.

• Options
    EkzerrEkzerr member
    Anything and everything bearenstein bears!
  • Options
    I really like the book "I like you" by Sandol Stoddard Warburg.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"