2nd Trimester
Options

Very low baby at 14 weeks

I had a cerclage (cervical stitch) yesterday, so they checked baby's heartbeat 5 times throughout the day to make sure baby handled everything ok. I got comments from every nurse, and from an ultrasound tech last week, about how baby is really low. Baby's heartbeat is found right at my c-section incision line--right along the top of the pubic hair line. The one nurse even mentioned that she usually finds 7-8 week babies this low, but they've usually moved up by now. I guess I'm just worried about it, because my cervix shortened last time and I went into preterm labor, so that seems even more likely to happen if baby is sitting right on my cervix.

I'm just wondering if anyone else's baby was really low (this late or later), and what the outcome was. Did baby move up eventually? Did you deliver early or on time?

I will ask the nurse tomorrow when I call in (for something else) tomorrow. Just wondering other people's experiences.
Thanks!

Re: Very low baby at 14 weeks

• Options
    Mine stayed very very low throughout my whole pregnancy. I would joke that I could feel him in my... Nether regions.. Come to find out he WAS super low. My cervix dropped so low it was almost coming out. His butt just stayed right there.
  • Options

I have just now started to notice more activity in the mid-section. At my last appt. 2 weeks ago he was still plopping his tubby little butt on my cervix, and I asked my doctor about it. She said he would move soon enough and not to worry about it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ive been the opposite the whole time, my dr kept asking if I was sure I was as far along as I was (before our first few ultrasounds) because my baby has always been pretty high. 

I think its all a sliding scale of normal.  I wouldnt worry about it!
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• Options
    abb08abb08 member
    Our little girl is riding MUCH lower than my son did at this point in the pregnancy (just over 22 weeks). It is a little weird, but she is developing just fine and no one has mentioned a problem. A friend suggested that she felt like she carried her second pregnancy lower, partially due to her abdominal muscles not being as strong the second time around. Seemed plausible.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LgillaspieLgillaspie member
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    My son was head down and super low for the entire pregnancy. I was eventually induced with him because he just would jot come out!
  • Options
    I'm 22 weeks and my last appointment the hb was near my section scar line on the left.

He has been pretty much head down the whole time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"