Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Dad introducing bottle tomorrow- any tips?

LO will be 3 weeks tomorrow, and we are going to give her her first bittle of breast milk. MH is going to do it. I am probably going to leave the house as I have read that it's best for the mom to leave (our pediatrician who I also an LC also recommended this).
For those of you who have done this I would love to hear any advice. TIA!

Re: Dad introducing bottle tomorrow- any tips?

• Options
    flclflcl member
    definitely everything sing2phins posted.  Kellymom has some good tips/advice for bottle feeding too...   https://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/feeding-tools/bottle-feeding/

good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you for this.  I'm planning to start to introduce bottles in about 1-2 weeks (our little one is at 3 weeks and I want to wait closer to the 6 week mark) and I've been wondering the same thing!!  Greatly appreciate you posting this!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Burp every .25-.5 oz! My LO needed to be burped more frequently or it all came flying back out!
  • Options
    Ksample89 said:
    Burp every .25-.5 oz! My LO needed to be burped more frequently or it all came flying back out!
    This is what I would say. Bottle-fed needs to be burped rather often. Some bottles you can get some of the air out ahead (ex. Playtex drop in kind).
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"