Health & Exercise
Options

Breast blow up

Before becoming pregnant, I was a 38D. The first thing that cued me in on being pregnant was my tender and enlarged breasts. I am 22 weeks and Now my breasts have doubled in size and one nipple does not protrude like the other. The same nipple's areola has become very lumpy and I am getting nervous as I plan to breast feed exclusively. Will this be an issue? Will my breasts return back to normal after pregnancy? Should I hold off on buying more bras as it seems like they keep getting bigger and bigger every week. Will they get even bigger when my milk starts to come in? Please advise and thank you!!

Re: Breast blow up

• Options
    By 7 weeks my breasts had gone from a 34D to a 36DD.  I bought some cheap cotton bras, figuring they would get bigger and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on bras through the pregnancy.  For me, they didn't get any bigger, until after my milk came in.  When I shot up to a 36G.  As far as going back, they're only now starting to go back to "regular" size, and I weaned almost a year ago. 

Every person has a different experience, but my recommendations are to buy a bra or two as needed, don't try and anticipate what size you'll need, and don't buy any "sized" nursing bras (S,M,L are fine) until after your milk comes in.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Mine never shrunk back to their original size, but as the PP said, each woman is different.  Buy bras that fit!  Cotton stretchy ones are the way to go (sports bras) for now because you'll vary even within the day for what size you are and it's still early in the PG, OTOH, you don't want to be in the wrong size bra because it's miserable and uncomfortable especially while PG!

Also a head's up - Nordstrom is the place to go for the hard to find cup sizes! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"