October 2014 Moms

Artistic? Please, come in!

MIL wants to crochet a baby blanket for DS2, and asked me what colors I would like it to be. There are too many colors in this world for me to choose!!!

I can either go with 2 colors or 3 colors.

My current thoughts are:

1. Dark blue, light blue, orange or yellow
2. Dark green, light green, orange or yellow
3. Red, orange, yellow

Thoughts? Ideas? I'm not very good at this sort of thing, and we will probably use this blanket A LOT because it will be made by a loved one. I'm thinking primary colors instead of pastels, but would pastels be better?

...wishing she'd picked and just surprised us. Lol
imageimage

Re: Artistic? Please, come in!

• I am not a huge pastel fan so I like bolder colors. Something I like to do is pick a variegated (multicolored) yarn and a solid color that compliments it. That helps with trying to figure out which colors work together.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Drk blue, light blue, green

It will still fit into your theme/room but doing orange might date it more quickly.

We are using orange also and pretty much the same other colors. I try not to crochet with orange. It tends to look
    70's
  • Loading the player...
  • I like the first option of blues with yellow. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I loooove blue and orange together.  I made DS1 a baby quilt, and the fabrics that I loved happened to be shades of blues and oranges.  
  • vrj0522 said:

I like the first option of blues with yellow. 

I agree
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited June 2014
    I was going to do blue and lime green if I had a boy but I like the blue and orange colors!

ETA: This wasnt an option but I think Red, blue and grey would be nice too.
  • blue and orange sounds pretty. But I'm also the bold type. I think that the blues together would be pretty and more mute. I really don't like a bunch of pastels together. It feels like Easter
  • I like the 1st option.
    Like PP said it will be a good contrasting colors. That will bring out the beat in each.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hmmm....I like grey as a neutral with two other stronger colours, to be honest. I know that wasn't on the list, but I wanted to toss that in there!

I also like #1....and you could switch out the yellow/orange for grey! lol

It's a BOY! Est. Due Date - October 17th

BabyFruit Ticker

• I also just saw a cute navy, light blue and white one that a friend had made.
  • What about three shades of the same color?

imageimageimage
  • Option 1 with yellow! 
    Just thoughts: dark royal blue and gold were my college team colors, and I think that looks nice. 
    I received a mint green, yellow, and white blanket for DS1 that's pretty cute.
    BabyFruit Ticker 
    Married 8/09 to my love
    Our little shamrocks:
    M~4/11   W~12/12   E~due 10/14

• Emerald27Emerald27 member
    edited June 2014
    So I did some searching on Pinterest and found a couple blankets the color schemes from which I like. I sent them to MIL to use for "inspiration" and told her I wasn't sure about colors yet.

I like the white + neutral (gray, tan, brown) + bold combo. The question now is; which bold color to choose? :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • Emerald27 said:
    So I did some searching on Pinterest and found a couple blankets the color schemes from which I like. I sent them to MIL to use for "inspiration" and told her I wasn't sure about colors yet. I like the white + neutral (gray, tan, brown) + bold combo. The question now is; which bold color to choose? :)Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I love the darker royal blue. :)

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Navy and Tiffany green
    ~First time mama, strikingly handsome husband, comedic pooch, krumpin' baby girl on her way~

• I like the blue and orange option for sure!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • I would do option 1. Just google those colors in a blanket and see what you like!
    p+c 11.6.04  |  +g  2.4.11
     image image
  • Thanks for your help, ladies!!!

MIL texted that she went with this trio:

The blanket will be wide stripes. This is so sweet and thoughtful of her.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"