Nurseries and Baby Gear

City Mini GT Double Stroller Questions

I have the City Mini GT single and love it. I am now considering the double (rather than the Select).  I have a newborn and a 2 year old.  Has anyone used this stroller with a newborn?  It looks so awkward with the car seat adapter!  (Plus it's an additional expense?)  At what age can I put my baby in the seat alone?  When he is sitting up around 6 months? 

Thanks for any feedback!  

Re: City Mini GT Double Stroller Questions

• We put a pad (I think it was the summer brand snuzzler) in behind them and kept it reclined all the way while they were newborn (b/g twins). Looooove the stroller!
  • Thanks!  I will give that a try!  

• Loading the player...
  • I bought this stroller for my twins, that aren't here yet. I'm just using a snap go when they are smaller so I don't have to worry about the adapters. But I am super excited about this stroller, it was my first purchase for these babies.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • I had a city select and sold it for the city mini gt double. It's great! My girls are 28 months apart. It's so easy to push.
  • Thanks, all!  
  • I went for the GT too. The Select just seem big and bulky. Plus, my three year old is not comfy in those seats unlike the CM. As pp said, use a snuzzler or bobby noggin and recline all the way. That's what we are doing!
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I just didn't love it. The push and steering aren't nearly as good as the gt double. The seats are small, even with the adjustable canopy they're still small. I didn't love the seat if arrangements. If both seats were facing out then you couldn't recline either seat. It was impossible to pop a curb without almost tipping the stroller over. My girls are 28 months apart.
  • When LO was 3 months old we stopped using the carseat on her single, regular city mini. Prior to that she just seemed too small (like would slip out of the harness plus it was winter when she was born so the extra cozzyness of the infant seat was nice even if a little akward). Use the head surround like what came with her infant car seat for a little bit.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have the GT double as well and used the Summer Infant suzzler with the seat reclined from the very beginning. My girls are 27 months apart. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We used the summer brand newborn insert in the city mini from the start no problem also. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"