June 2014 Moms
Options

What is your LO's "schedule"?

Just curious as to what your LO's are up to!  How many hours do they sleep per 24 hour period?  How many feedings do they get?  How long are the feedings? 

2+ moms:  Everyone I have talked to says that it gets easier after 6-8 weeks.  Is this true?   At this moment in time, I feel like I will never be able to leave the house and DH and I will never have any time to ourselves again!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: What is your LO's "schedule"?

• Options
    Starting around the 6 week mark it was definitely much easier. I could plan outings around her sleep and eating schedule and I felt a lot better myself. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Kinipela7 said:

Just curious as to what your LO's are up to!  How many hours do they sleep per 24 hour period?  How many feedings do they get?  How long are the feedings? 

2+ moms:  Everyone I have talked to says that it gets easier after 6-8 weeks.  Is this true?   At this moment in time, I feel like I will never be able to leave the house and DH and I will never have any time to ourselves again!
    I'm a ftm so take this with a grain of salt, but I've read that there is a major development in the brain by 8 weeks which leads to that change that should make things a little easier.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is all over the place. If she could she would sleep for 6-8 hours then feed for 6-8 hours. But with her weight lose due to poor suction and my breast milk not knowing when to come in because of her crazy schedule (I'm assuming this) I wake her up by undressing her every 2 hours to feed. She still likes to cluster feed in the early mornings though. I cry a lot (curse you hormones) but pray it gets better once my milk comes in (having to pump and feed right now) and she starts some exercises with the LC to improve her suction.

BabyFruit Ticker
    June 2014 February Siggy Challenge - Picture of me and DH
  • Options
    I am sure my schedule will be different with twins, but I remember my singletons feeding every 1.5-2 hrs in the daytime, and every 2.5-3 at night for the first few weeks.  My DD had weight gain issues and we had to feed her like 16 times a day…DS was more like 12.  6 weeks really was the magic mark for us.  She just seemed to "get it" with nursing (DS was always a pretty good nurser) at that point.  I think they stretch out to 3 hr intervals around that point, too.  The beginning feels like survival mode for a while, but I promise it gets better!!  Then they hit growth spurts and "wakeful" periods to keep you on your toes, but it won't last forever :-).  If you are a FTM with no other kiddos, definitely try to nap when you can, even at the most random times.
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    My LO laughs at the word schedule. I just go with the flow. With him being a preemie he will be a little behind typical development for up to the first two years so I don't pay much attention to typical development either.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mine seems to cluster feed during the day and at night I'll wake her up every 3 hours or so. I really can't complain; she's a good sleeper (except for last night because she had a tummy ache). It does seem to get easier around the 6-8 week mark.

With my first I was strictly pumping (so time consuming!). This time I'm strictly breastfeeding so it's much easier IMO. I'm not that kind of a Mom with a strict schedule and tend to go with the flow as well. She'll let me know when she's hungry, but I try to feed every 2-4 hours to keep my supply up.
    ~ Jenny ~
    Married to Jake ~ June 4, 2010 ~
    DS born ~ July 22, 2011 ~
    Two chemical pregnancies:  ~ December 2012 ~  & ~ August 2013 ~
    Expecting our baby GIRL!  ~ June 4, 2014 ~
    June '14 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV Mom 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"