Blended Families

Allowing extra time

Can allowing additional time outside of the court order be used against me? If so, how? TIA

Re: Allowing extra time

• That makes sense. This is the first time I allowed it and it's for 2 nights. My 3 year old kept going on and on that he wanted to see them. It didn't sit right to me that he even offered cause he barely does what the court order even says. But I said ok and now I'm crossing my fingers. Definitely won't be a regular thing that's for sure.
  • It definitely helped us to gain primary custody. Just document all of the events to show that you are willing to make adjustments that are fostering good relationships for your child. That's was a key point in our case.
  • Loading the player...
  • SigirSigir member
    I would never allow extra time because it can be used as precedent for a custody change. I have a terrible relationship with my exh though. Just be prepared that if you offer extra time on a regular basis, at any time your ex could take you to court and try to make it permanent. If you are ok with that, do it. But it sounds like it wont be regular in your case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"