Blended Families
Options

Temporarily EP while traveling for work

Greetings, I'm on a trip for work and I'll be away from 8 mon old DS for 10 more days. I'm pumping 6 times a day to coincide with his 6 feedings of the day. My production is way way down. I used to pump 20 oz while at work (and son would nurse 2-3 times in addition to this), but after 3 days of travel I'm getting 22 oz over the course of six pumps. I feel like the pump isn't really emptying the breast completely and I'm not sure what to do about it. I should add that I'm in a remote location and can't just pop over to see an LC or go to a store. Advice would be appreciated. I'm terribly afraid I won't be able to support the baby when I return.

Re: Temporarily EP while traveling for work

• Options
    mkyaranmkyaran member
    Sorry posted in wrong forum. :(:(
  • Options
    SigirSigir member
    I am an avid traveller and pumper! Sounds like your spare parts may be worn. Not sure what pump you are using... I always carry an extra set of soft parts w me when I travel. Also, could you be getting your period? That could cause a drop in supply. Either way just keep with it and you should be totally fine when you get home- baby will make up for it once he is sucking at the tap again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"