1st Trimester
Options

Having another inexplicable blue day... :( Mood Booster Ideas?

Hiiii,
Boy do I feel like I'm living in a glass case of emotion. Just wondering if anyone else gets inexplicably sad (ie, weepy, feeling VERY sorry for myself (why?-I have no idea), hopeless) and if so what do you do to pull yourself out of it.  I'm AT WORK surrounded by snotty tissues and my allergy excuse is getting thin (nobody here knows that I'm pregoo yet).  What do you guys do when you feel this way?  

Answers

• Options
    It helps me to stay active and keep busy. You can also try treating yourself to something good for lunch.
  • Options
    SpeshulSpeshul member
    Some kind of light activity/exercise can release endorphins that will naturally enhance mood. Activities with loved ones. Sunshine. Citrus scents make me feel energetic and happy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh man this was me last week! I would suggest a couple of things you can try:

1.  I forced myself to the gym and it helped my spirits exponentially, nothing hard core workout just like treadmill incline walking some stairmaster a lower level.

2. Get out of your office and go do something that you need to do, yes like an errand. I found accomplishing something I needed to get done brightened my spirits. 

3. Are you taking your Prenatals, there is a needed source of feel good/energy boosting minerals in there.  B6 and B12, can be a picker upper maybe taking a lil more of the supplement. Meaning going to the drug store and asking the pharmacist what a safe amount is to add on top of the prenatal.

4. When you get home maybe some out time with friends, do not wallow in the house. It will make it worse.

I hope one of these things works for you and can help to get that pep back in your step.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!  I've been taking the prenatals and will ask about the b6/b12.  I also bought a journal so I can rant and rave without taking it out on somebody else.  That helps!

• Options
    BTW the picture of the angry mare is a perfect example of how I feel!
  • Options
    OMG! I was the same way.  I would lock myself in my office, have a good cry and move on.  Are you able to take a quick walk around the building or something?  Just to escape and relax for a minute?  Mine lasted a few weeks.  Its better now.  I noticed that if I started to feel that way, I'd keep telling myself that I'm so happy that I'm pregnant and it's going to be amazing to hold this baby...etc, etc, etc...it helped a little.  Try to stay positive! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"