October 2014 Moms
Options

Long story, need opinion

So my birthday is Wed and DH has been working a ton lately days and then nights on house projects. He had been super stressed. The last two weekends he helped his parents move his gram's stuff out of her apt and put stuff in our garage for a yard sale. Then last night he said he told his brother he would help him move today.

Eh so I got pissy and he said I want to so I am going to help. I said I wasn't going to fight (we were out). This morning I explained that he hadn't mentioned my bday at all and that I assumed it was because he was so stressed about work and house projects. I said I knew I was being bratty but I could accept when it was for his mom who just lost her mom, or for baby (building me a rocking chair) or even work because we need the money... But now I just feel like last place. His brother has a tiny apt and like four people helping. DH does not need to help.

So then he felt really badly and made plans for us to go down to Newport tonight and stay over and do stuff tomorrow. But we have a dog and I have school work and housework. I can't just drop everything?! Plus I feel crappy.

Do I go? It will be fun and it is what I wanted to do for my birthday just not last minute. Don't go? I basically guilted him into it and that is no fun. Plus we both are going to be thinking about I the dog is okay and about all the stuff we have to do. But I will hurt his feelings if I said no - he was so excited to be making it up to me.
And now I am crying. Stupid pregnancy hormones! Eh!

And if you read all that - you rock. Would you go? If not, how would you tell DH no?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Long story, need opinion

• Options
    I agree with vreker - despite how you got there - it sounds like a little down time and alone time is in order. I'd go.

Lilypie - (urRB)

• Options
    I am all too familiar with this feeling. I would go, try to forget that it was last minute, and the stuff you have to do. Can you take the pup? Or leave him/her with someone you trust. I know it's hard, with all the hormones, to forget it, but try and then you can look back and remember it as a nice time/birthday. Let us know what you do, and I hope you end up having a great weekend! Happy Birthday!

image image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I say go. I understand the stress of last minute things, but I think it'll be good for the two of you and your relationship.
  • Options
    Okay okay! You have all convinced me. I was so sure I was not going too! Guess I better get to work on my to so list before we leave.
    Some alone time with DH would be nice. I just feel blah today so I needed your perspectives to push me there.

• Options
    Go!
    Find someone to stop in and take care of your pup and get away for a bit.

Have fun! I wish I was going...
  • Options
    Go and have fun. The dog will be fine - you're not going for a long time. Worst that can happen - dog poop. Better that can happen- much needed bonding time for the two of you. Enjoy.
  • Options
    Glad you decided to go. Have fun and try not to stress about this other stuff.

Also, 100% what @Raesofsunshine1‌ said. While you may not always want to have sex, you'll be glad you did.

FTM - BFP: 1/23/14 - EDD: 10/5/14 - DD Born 9/13/14

• Options
    I would go. It is probably really important to DH to make it up to you in a special way, and it will be lots of fun. :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    Go and have fun! It sounds like you need some alone time with him. Enjoy it! And happy birthday!

Me- 36 DH- 40 ***TTC since 1/13

BFP #1 - 4/3/13 *** EDD 12/13/13 ***M/C 4/12/13 @5wks 1 day

BFP#2 - 1/29/14 ***EDD 10/11/14

It's a GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Everyone already has great advice. Enjoy your birthday weekend! Hope you guys can chill out and reconnect :-)
  • Options
    lrobi13lrobi13 member
    Have fun and enjoy the quality time with your DH! ! Happy Early Birthday! !
  • Options
    Glad you're going! Have fun and relax.
    ~Miss K born 1/8/2011~Miss I born 1/3/2013~2 angels~
    Baby #3 is on the way!  EDD 10/29/14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    I hope you go and have a good time. :)  Happy birthday!
  • Options
    Have fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Glad you're going!  I think it's the right thing to do!
  • Options
    Happy birthday and have fun!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ANGnJONANGnJON member
    Happy Birthday! Enjoy celebrating with your DH & have fun!
    Me: 37, DH: 42 Married March 22, 2003 TTC since early 2006, Fertility treatments since 02/2013 First Pregnancy with Twins EDD 10.24.2014
  • Options
    Glad you are going! Hope you have a great time and Happy Birthday!!!!
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If I were you, I'd take advantage of every trip and relaxation time that you can because it won't be so easy once baby comes... or even in the 3rd trimester.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"