Nurseries and Baby Gear

Questions regarding Uppababy Vista

Hi

We are from Switzerland, where Uppababy just has started to be available in stores. As nobody has experiences with this new brand so far, we hope, that you can help us deciding on our new stroller and give us some hints regarding the Vista. To us it seems like a very good stroller.

How hard is the ride for the children and the hands of the person pushingr when you go over rough terrain, cobblestones or gravel? In this Review, the Vista was criticized for its hard ride and the vibrations in the handle bar. There is even a video showing the vibrations. Is the suspension that bad? What are your experiences?

The bassinet seems a bit short. It should be used during the first 6 months. But most babies will not have enough length for beeing 6 months in the bassinet. I expect that after 3 to 4 month it will be too small. Especially as we will use it into winter time and need to put in a warm foot muff. What are your experiences and how do you handle that?

Regarding colors: We are between Denny (Red), Taylor (Indigo) and Jake (Black). We could no find the Blue/Indigo model. And there are only some stock images availabe in the web. Does anybody have a blue (the new Indigo blue) one an can make available some images of the stroller and the bassinet? That would be very nice.

Many thanks!
Thomas

Re: Questions regarding Uppababy Vista

• MimalooMimaloo member
    I have the Vista in Jake. We spend a lot of time outside and on rough terrain, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I think the suspension is fantastic. 

The bassinet is also quite large in my opinion and I use it all the time. While DD is only one month old, she is long. I've heard a lot of people say that the bassinet is a waste because they didn't use it, but we love it. We also bring it in the house and let DD nap in it. 

I absolutely love the Vista and would highly recommend it - it is worth every penny. Good luck!
  • From what I recall seeing around here, I think most bassinets are to stop being used once LO starts rolling over which can be around 3 or 4 months. Could be wrong though...
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • ebp913ebp913 member
    As far as bassinets go, the Uppababy one is big.  We used til for naps til 6 months or so.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • my first was born during the wintertime and we barely used the bassinet. It was too cold to bring her outside in it and we had enough contraptions for her in the house where we didn't use it inside. I'm hoping with #2 being born in the summer that get some use out of it.

We had no issues with cobblestones or rough terrain and the handling of the stroller. It is a well made stroller, i think it just depends on your lifestyle/use of it.

I was a little disappointed in it just because it's a big, heavy, bulky stroller in my opinion. I find it difficult to fold and its a lot to get in and out of the hatch of my car. If I were in a more urban area where I didn't need to store it in my car and it was used in a city setting on the streets and I didn't need to constantly fold it and haul it into my car...I'd probably be a bigger fan of it.

• JodelingJodeling member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for your inputs! Today we could see a Vista Taylor Indigo in reality. In our opinion it looks great with the seat. But for us the combination of dark grey and indigo does not look that good on the bassinet. We were disappointed. The red one looks great. But we are afraid, that it is too much of a color. The black one really looks good. But the bassinet and the frame in black? Does look a bit sad. Well. Here in Switzerland most of the strollers are in dark colors or black. Regarding the length of the bassinet. There seems to be a difference from continent to continent. Most of the bassinets here have.a length of 80 cm which are 31.5 inches. Foot muffs are of the same length. So in the Vista bassinet the bottom part of th foot muff has to be folded. Another question: The silver sun shields look quite fragile. The ones in the shop are brand new. But they show lots of crinkles and lligns. Is there anything that can be done to get the silver fabric look good? Tomorrow we have to choose our stroller as the prices are cut by 20 % until tomorrow...
  • Thanks again for your help.

A black Vista Jake is ours.

Now only the young boy has to arrive in august... ;-)
  • Jodeling said:
    Thanks again for your help.

A black Vista Jake is ours.

Now only the young boy has to arrive in august... ;-)
    Excellent choice! Good luck to you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"