July 2014 Moms
Options

Let's be vain, shall we?

2»

Re: Let's be vain, shall we?

• Options
    My hair down (curly) would be a mess post RCS, so I will probably shower the morning of, use straightening gel to pull it back into a low ponytail, let it air dry and hope for the best.
  • Options
    TifflesTiffles member
    With my first I was induced, so I took a shower before and just did my hair straight. I ended up having to wait until the next morning to be induced and they wouldn't give me time to shower. So I had to deal with no shower hair. Then during labor, I had to push so hard so fast as DDs heart rate dropped, I popped just about every other blood vessel in my face. Soooo pictures were not in my imminent future! I would love to have a braid, or evern just nice straight hair. But that will probably go out the window as well!! I was actually too tired to care last time, and I imagine this time will be no different!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am for my RCS. I will likely curl my hair the night before as well as get a mani/pedi. Curl stays in my hair for days after, down the first day, ponytail for a couple days, messy bun a couple days. It doesn't get greasy for at least four or five days after washing it. If I curl the night before, I don't have to wash it at all at the hospital.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so glad to see that others are thinking about this! We are becoming a family through open adoption and we will be in L&D with the baby's birthmother so I personally have no excuse to look like a hot mess since I'm not pushing this baby girl out of myself! I thought about wearing a pretty sundress and makeup but I didn't think about my hair, too much. I've been feeling guilty about thinking about how I should look and what to wear because the poor mother is pushing through pain and there I am looking pretty but it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one thinking about it!
  • Options
    Ordered a super cute (and pretty big) headband off of etsy. My hair gets tangled easy and I get awful bed head so I'll likely have to braid it in some fashion to keep it together. My cousin is great at braids so when she shows up I'll have her do something awesome for the rest of my stay at the hospital.

I am also vain enough (and naive enough to think it's gonna be possible) to do my makeup well before I go in. I've got awful brows that I have to fill in.

Of course all this means I'll probably have my water break in the shower and I'll end up in L&D with suds still in my hair and mascara half rubbed off my eyelids. We'll see ;)
  • Options
    I tried last time...I straightened my hair and put pretty makeup on.

...and then I was in labor for 21 hours and pushed for 4.5 hours of that. By the time I was done, I had sweat through EVERYTHING, I was completely naked - i pretty much looked like I had run a marathon, except I was WAY too fat to have done that. My hair looked like I had washed it in grease.

I like everyone's braid ideas...Maybe I should invest some time over the next few weeks on you tube. Make up will NOT stay on my face, for sure... I'll have to bring some eyeliner and mascara and my eyelash curler for after.

Blerg...

• Options
    I had a friend/acquaintance in high school that was awesome at braids. She'd have me rest my forehead on the bench of the band bus and do 2 tight upside down french braids (starting at the base of my head) so my hair would stay up under my marching band hat. Then she'd do 2 more french braids coming from the front to keep my bangs out of my face/sweat. All 4 would meet in the crown of my head where I'd just put it in a ponytail. It was the ultimate "I don't need hair to get in my way" hairdo. I wish I was still friends with her.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Pony. Tail.
  • Options
    I almost never take time to style my hair because I am too lazy, but I've repeatedly thought about how my hair/makeup is going to look in pictures when the rest of me is a hot mess. In an ideal world I would go for a blow out, massage, and pedicure shortly before going into labor. I would prefer to have my hair loosely curled and not frizzy... Then I'd put it up in a bun for labor and let it back down for loose curls after labor. In the real world, I'm pretty sure this is going to go down like @mamakiss‌ described! ;-).

Funny story: when my MIL went into labor, FIL asked her if he had time to shower... He then took a shower and blow dried his (almost shoulder length) hair before they left for the hospital. She loves telling that story and I think it's hilarious how much he cares about his hair for being such an otherwise rugged guy, but my DH better not ask me if he can shower first when I go into labor or I may kill him with my eyes X(

• Options
    I'm hoping to labor at home and get in the shower as soon as contractions start. My normal hair care routine is similar to @MonkeyJD‌ and @birthjunkie13‌ so I'm thinking if I stay at home long enough for my hair to dry I might run a straightener through it before we leave. If not, I'll put it in two braids to keep it out of the way and hope for the best!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kjskjskjskjs member
    I will do two french braids on the way to the hospital so that it's braided and out of the way during labor and then after I'll just pull the braids down and rock the wavy look. It's what I did for DD and it worked great!
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I am braid challenged.  I have curly hair (especially around my face) and if I get a little sweaty it's going to be a mess.  I plan on having it in a messy high bun with a cute head band to keep the fly aways out of my face.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"