September 2012 Moms
Options

Atlanta Peeps

They just announced that our national conference is going to be held in Atlanta this year. I am pretty bummed - as I wanted to go somewhere on the east coast or somewhere I have never been.

Not sure if I will go alone/take DH/take LO and DH. Last year it was in Las Vegas and DH and I went alone. It's 4 days long at the beginning of December. any suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Atlanta Peeps

• Options
    I'm not from the area but have spent some time there. You have to go to the aquarium, regardless of if you have LO with you or not, it's amazing! That's all I got...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the input! I'll add it to my list.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've done the aquarium and zoo atlanta.  I agree about going to the aquarium whether or not you have LO.  The zoo didn't impress me more than any other zoo I've gone too, though they do have a lot of interactive things like paying a couple bucks to feed giraffes lettuce leaves. 

If you really want to tourist it up, you can get an Atlanta City pass and combine... I think it has the aquarium, zoo, art museum, world of coca cola, and CNN studio as options.  World of coca cola is fun, though probably not for LO. 
  • Options
    I used to live in Atlanta but I didn't have kids then. Do you know what part of ATL you'll be at?

There is a children's museum but I haven't been. I 3rd or 4th the aquarium. If your LO loves trains and such, you could ride MARTA.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    damabo80damabo80 member
    edited June 2014
    I'm in Atlanta. Kid-wise, your best bets are the children's musuem and the aquarium. They are close together and there's a cool park nearby with spray fountains and playgrounds. The other touristy stuff to do is more adult centric. The zoo is alright. Nothing amazing. But a great timekiller if you need it. Personally, I'd go alone. Parking is crap downtown, and stroller+Marta is a hassle. 

edit: I've found the children's musuem downtown to be expensive and crowded. I prefer the INK musuem (about an hour north of the city) for the toddler set. Stone mountain is fun for older kids, and interesting for adults. Lake Lanier (hour north) has a great beach/resort, very kid friendly. 

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"