Multiples

Pregnancy pillows useful for multiple pregnancies?

My sleep has been sucking lately. My stomach is already hard, so there's no laying on it. But, laying on my sides makes my shoulders and hips ache all night. Did any of you try the pregnancy sleep pillows or were they not good for your pregnancy? I only ask because I assume they were made with singleton pregnancies in mind, so I wonder if I'd "grow out" of the pillow. Does that even make sense?

I'm contemplating just buying a crap ton of pillows so I can move them where I need them. Did anyone just do this option? Any advice for sore shoulders and hips?

While I'm excited to be pregnant, I didn't realize how the fast growth of my belly would make me sorta miserable early on. Reading your 3rd tri posts and how miserable I'll really be scares me!

Thanks ladies!

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

Re: Pregnancy pillows useful for multiple pregnancies?

• I just used a regular body pillow from target and I loved it. I actually used it before I was even pregnant but once I got big it was a good support for my belly. I don't have any advice about the sore shoulders but I know when you put the pillow between you're knees its good for your hips because takes the pressure off. I still use my body pillow 6 months after having my babies. Once you get in the 3rd tri there's really no getting comfortable but the pillow helps a lot IMO. I made it past 38 weeks and wasnt miserable just uncomfortable! So you never know how youll do! How far along are you?

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the boppy one and, honestly, my animals like it more than I do. I'm 21 weeks, but maybe when I'm bigger I'll like it more? It just feels cumbersome and I like to roll around.. I haven't figured out how to make it work just yet.
    ---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ANGnJONANGnJON member
    I have the Snoogle & find it to be quite comfortable! I've had it for about two months now & use it every night. It runs about $60.00 & has many configurations depending on your sleep position.
    Me: 37, DH: 42 Married March 22, 2003 TTC since early 2006, Fertility treatments since 02/2013 First Pregnancy with Twins EDD 10.24.2014
  • I have a hoppy one from my first pregnancy.  I didn't find it really useful until sometime after 20 weeks both times.  I really like it and haven't outgrown it, but it is thinner than some of the other pillows out there which is what I prefer.   I think the biggest thing that has helped my hips not hurt so bad this pregnancy is that we replaced our old warn out mattress with a memory foam one.  When I went to visit my brother a couple months ago I forgot to bring my body pillow.  They have a ton of extra pillows and I was just as comfortable.  They also had some memory foam pillows.  I stuck one between my legs and that really helped too!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a Snoogle that I got during my first pregnancy. I couldn't sleep without it! Itried a cheap body pillow first and didn't like it...I need more of a cradling around my whole body :) My husband hates it because it takes up half the bed, lol!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

• I have the snoogle and really love it. Was able to get it second hand for $15. My main problem was hip pain at night starting at about 24/25 weeks and it's helped reduce it quite a bit.

Me - 35. DH - 40. TTC #1 since 9/2010. 
    IUI #1-2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP = C/P
    IUI #4-6 BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron and Gonal F: 29R 29M 28F
    2 blastocysts transferred 12/14/13
    Beta at 9dp5dt = 285; Beta at 12dp5dt = 925
    It's twins! EDD 9/2/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MrsC430MrsC430 member
    edited June 2014
    Hi Beachy! I'm 15 weeks along w/ twins and starting to feel the same way. I bought the Boppy pregnancy pillow, I found that it made me way too hot. I felt like it was smothering me or something (as weird as that probably sounds). So I switched to just a regular body pillow - much better! I hope you find what works for you, and you're able to feel comfy again soon!

It's twin girls!! Born on 11-2-14!
  • ManadaManada member
    I have a snoogle (actually I had it before pregnancy, it was a wonderful gift to myself when I was single), and have also bought a bed wedge since I went through a period of bad reflux at about 13 weeks.

I used the bed wedge mostly, with at least one soft pillow on it, and one tucked under my belly - And that's at only 18 weeks. Sometimes, often when I am napping alone in bed, I also pull out the snoogle as well. Usually though I spoon my partner while
    I still can :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• I had a body pillow. I didn't use it for very long. It became too cumbersome. I had to roll over a lot because I would start hurting and my belly alone made it difficult. The pillow just made it even worse.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I've been using a Snoogle since about 16 weeks, I got uncomfortable really quickly.  At this point I've added an additional pillow between my knees.  The snoogle is the only reason I'm getting sleep at night I think.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MrsCali_BrideMrsCali_Bride member
    edited June 2014
    I tried the Snoogle and hated it. I couldn't get comfortable, would end up with neckaches and got too hot. I ended up using the Boppy contoured wedge pillow from my singleton pregnancy along with a memory foam knee pillow.

https://www.boppy.com/shop/boppy-contoured-pregnancy-wedge/
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • UGH.  DH bought me a pregnancy pillow after we found out we were having twins because we knew how uncomfortable things would get!  I hated it then, and I still hate it now.  Like PPs have said, I get uncomfortable so quickly, and I have to change my position, but that's nearly impossible with being wrapped up in a pregnancy pillow.

I've also found that body pillows and regular pillows stacked all around me is much better.  My most severe pain is my back, so DH will shove pillows underneath my back (when I'm on my side), and then he'll lay up against those pillows to give more pressure there.  This is pretty much the only way I can get any sleep.

I definitely wouldn't have invested in an expensive pregnancy pillow if I would have known!

BFP: 12/2/13, EDD: 8/17/13

imageimage

Follow MacKenzie and Madison's Journey at randidooley.wordpress.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"