Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Red spots on bottom of foot?

DS had a fever starting Thursday 5/15. Went to dr, he had a red throat (no strep), ears fine, figured it was a mystery virus. Fever broke that Sunday night but we went back in Monday bc he was still not himself and dr said ear infection so he's on meds for that. Around that time I had noticed what looked like a mosquito bite in a couple places on his one foot. Well now, almost a week later, they're still there and more pronounced. They're raised slightly but he doesn't seem bothered by them even when I touch them. They just look bad! I'm wondering if the fever may have been the beginning of HFM -- and if so can kids get the spots only on their feet? (One foot??) He's had 2 drs look in his mouth recently and I'm assuming they would have told me if they noticed spots! I don't see them anywhere else. And if it's not HFM any idea what it could be? I'm not rushing to call the dr on this since if it IS HFM there isn't really anything to do for him. Unless it starts bothering him or looks much worse we will just wait it out.
Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Red spots on bottom of foot?

• Options
    DD#2 has HFM and her feet look like your lo's. Her hands are also aa tiny bit red, but only I noticed because it's so minor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When my DD had HFM she didn't have any red spots at all. I only figured out she had it because I got a horrible case of it right after she had been irritable/feverish for about a week. Once I knew how I felt having it, it was easier to determine that's what she had. I think she just had the blisters in her mouth. But like you said, if it IS HFM you just have to wait it out anyway. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JulesDianeJulesDiane member
    edited June 2014
    That looks like HFM to me. Check the inside of his mouth too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"