December 2013 Moms

Transition out of RnP

FML the transition from RnP to crib is not going well.  She is 5 months old now.  I have to buckle her in because I am afraid she will fall out.  I am going to buy a crib wedge today but does anyone else have any suggestions besides CIO?
 BabyFetus Ticker
Baby GIRL due 12/26

Re: Transition out of RnP

• We did rolled up towels (under the sheet) on either side of DD and she does just fine. Good luck!
  • ErinO21ErinO21 member
    I wrap a blanket around him from waist down every night because I always tucked one around him in the RnP. Good luck. That shit is hard.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • n8swifen8swife member
    No advice. We're having the same problem. I swore I'd never use the RnP again after trying to transition DS1 to his crib but I was weak and DS2 sleeps sooooo well in the damn thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • frantastic12frantastic12 member
    edited May 2014
    It's hard.  For a while, the average was probably 4 wakeups a night (about once a week we'd have a really bad, up-every-hour night).  Since he has the rolling thing down, the pediatrician said he's OK to sleep on his side or stomach, and that has helped a lot.  The average is now more like 1-2 wakeups.  The last couple of nights he's made it from 9pm to 4am.

Married 8/2012
    DS born 12/2013 @ 41w2d
    BFP #2 EDD 10/2015

• We just did this yesterday with my 5.5m old- I used a wedge and have a sound machine on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"