April 2013 Moms

Spray tan?

I have never tried it before but am interested in venturing into the world of spray tanning to take some of the glare off my pale self. Are the booths ok (Mystic Tan or VeraSpa)? Or is it better to get the air brush kind? Any tips?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Spray tan?

• I think it is "better" to get the airbrush kind but I've only gone to Planet Beach by Southdale -- it turned out really even and looked natural.  However, sadly, I am allergic to DHA so I can't even spray tan anymore! Boo!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've had both and the airbrush kind looked way better. You won't be able to shower for 24 hour after (and for that first 24 hours you WILL look orange) but then after you shower and pat dry, you'll have some good color!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I AM OBSESSED.

I have only ever used the booth and it's awesome. However, you have to know what you're doing to make sure you don't get it on your palms, get a streaky or uneven tan, etc. The first couple times I do a new type of booth, sometimes I am a little uneven until I get the hang of it.

Word of warning... be sure to use baby wipes to wipe your palms, bottoms of feet, nails, and between your fingers after you spray. And expect your hands to get darker than the rest of you.

Seriously when I get a spray tan, I feel 10 lbs lighter and 10x prettier... and I only ever get compliments!

Also, many places offer clear or bronze solution... go with the clear, it's less smelly and spotty in my experience... and start with a lower level (higher level = more solution = more of a tan). If you can get sprayed at night so it can sink in overnight before you have to shower, that's best because it has more time to develop.

Good luck! 
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Oh also, chicagobroad made me think of this... don't rub your skin with a towel after you shower... light patting is key!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • @JSS1002‌, how do you even find out that you're allergic to something like dha?!
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • arschm02 said:
    @JSS1002‌, how do you even find out that you're allergic to something like dha?!
    Welllllllll you break out in a really bad rash anytime you spray tan or use self tanner or jergens gentle glow lotion. :-(

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Crappy
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • arschm02 said:
    Crappy
    Yeah, it sucks because I loved the look of the very light spray tan... oh well!  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"