Baby Names
Options

Other names like these Update: We chose! Thanks!

edited June 2014 in Baby Names
Now that we have a girl name squared away, we are looking at boy names.
We have a few but want to widen the list.

We live in the south, and don't min southern names. That said, William is absolutely out. I have 2 brothers and a father named William, as well as my father in law and his father - and they're all raging assholes.

I will edit our last name out soon, but it's Holder. We have an 8 year old named Jonas Morgan.

Names we like so far are:
Abraham (husband not a big fan but willing to leave on list)
Alexander
August (husband not a big fan but willing to comprimise for the middle name Brooks)
Eli or Elijah
Garrett
Noah
Samuel

I love a lot of English names as well as biblical names, even though we are agnostic.
While I welcome C&C on the names we like, what I am really interested in is adding more names to the hat :)

Update: Husband agreed to August! I agreed to mn Brooks, which to me isnt a big deal since practically no one ever uses mn's :)

Re: Other names like these Update: We chose! Thanks!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    bromios said:
    Woah, how does one end up with two brothers named William? I agree that is William overload (and I don't like the name anyway)! Alexander is great. Other ideas:
    Elliot
    Peter
    Edmund
    Isaac
    Aaron
    Sebastian
    I do love Aaron but then my son would call him A-a-ron forever, hahaha. That will make no sense to people who haven't seen that episode, though.
  • Options
    Gideon
    Isaiah
    Levi
    Jesse
    Solomon
    Adam
    Ephraim

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol at "and they are all raging assholes" comment. Ah, family *happy sigh*
    i like Samuel and August from your list, GL!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Love August Brooks!
  • Options
    Love Garrett, but I'm probably biased because it's the name we chose for a boy (before we found out we're having a girl). Samuel is also good.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    ZimgerZimger member
    I had Noah and Elijah (Eli) on our list for DS #2. We ended up naming him Eliot so I love the suggestion of Elliot.

Suggestions:

Tobias
    Michael
    Leon
    Asa
    Paul

BTW: I love Jonas!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kayhold said:

bromios said:

Woah, how does one end up with two brothers named William? I agree that is William overload (and I don't like the name anyway)! Alexander is great. Other ideas:
    Elliot
    Peter
    Edmund
    Isaac
    Aaron
    Sebastian

Well, my older half brother was called Billy, and my mother had no clue when she had my brother his actual name was William. Which, to me, seems like a no-brainer.
    My father was out on the road when she had my little brother and just named him after his father and LATER found out my older half brother had the exact same name. They are BOTH III's.
    I do love Aaron but then my son would call him A-a-ron forever, hahaha. That will make no sense to people who haven't seen that episode, though.

LOL love it!! M-E-E-G-A-A-A-N
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

BFP#1 DS 1/19/12  BFP#2 EDD 6/11/14 MC 10/9/12 BFP#3 EDD 10/3/14

• Options
    What about

Wyatt
    Everett
    Emmett
    CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy #3 after two prior losses in 2013

EDD 8/18 

• Options
    What about Wyatt Everett Emmett
    I love love love Wyatt but its really popular in my area :( its probably my #1, though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"