Trying to Get Pregnant

Ouch.

Currently 6DPO. Since last night I've had achy pain above my pubic bone. Kind of cramp like, but painful when I poke, bend, lay on my stomach. This is a new one for me. Any one else ever experience this in their TWW?!
E (24) + DH (30)
2 first trimester losses (2011, 2012)
Actively TTC since January 2014
Project RAINBOW<3

Re: Ouch.

• Currently 6DPO. Since last night I've had achy pain above my pubic bone. Kind of cramp like, but painful when I poke, bend, lay on my stomach. This is a new one for me. Any one else ever experience this in their TWW?!
    If you check out the 2 Week Wait thread that is posted every day, there are many of us that go through the same thing.

The Newbie Blog has more info on this as well :).  It's definitely frustrating!!

Married 9-1-12 (On Depo until 4-12)        Me- 33, DH- 36
    NTNP starting 9-12, Actively TTC since 9-13
    My DX- Hypothyroidism.  Prescribed Synthroid
    DH's DX- Severe MFI- first SA results: 1.3 mill (1.2 mill motile), 21.6% motility, 2% morphology
    Blood test revealed low testosterone so DH was prescribed Clomid.  Repeat blood test and SA in November.

• Loading the player...
  • I feel that way when I have gas.
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

• I am currently constipated and experiencing all of that.
    Apple juice always fixes that for me :)
    | DH 29 - Me 26 - Married 2007 | 2 Kids - 2 Fur Babies | Baby #3 Due July 2015 |

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ok. Thanks.
    E (24) + DH (30)
    Project RAINBOW<3

• Holy shit this is the THIRD one today. So far. I'm still catching up
  • janda426 said:

Holy shit this is the THIRD one today. So far. I'm still catching up

Third what?

E (24) + DH (30)
    Project RAINBOW<3

• Did I ever once ask that question? No. Was looking for similar experiences. Anyone who feels the need to post snarky, rude comments on my threads in the future can just refrain.

It's pretty difficult to get appendicitis without an appendix.

E (24) + DH (30)
    Project RAINBOW<3

• Did I ever once ask that question? No. Was looking for similar experiences. Anyone who feels the need to post snarky, rude comments on my threads in the future can just refrain. It's pretty difficult to get appendicitis without an appendix.
    If you read the Newbie Blog you would know the 2WW thread is the perfect place to talk about things like this.  Others who are in the same boat can respond and you can get all the advice you need.

Also, you have no control over how people choose to answer questions you ask on a public forum.

Married 9-1-12 (On Depo until 4-12)        Me- 33, DH- 36
    NTNP starting 9-12, Actively TTC since 9-13
    My DX- Hypothyroidism.  Prescribed Synthroid
    DH's DX- Severe MFI- first SA results: 1.3 mill (1.2 mill motile), 21.6% motility, 2% morphology
    Blood test revealed low testosterone so DH was prescribed Clomid.  Repeat blood test and SA in November.

• Maybe everyone wants to check in with to make sure they're not pregnant before Saturday night drinking!

Married since July 2004
    TTC #1 Since January 2014
    ***TW***
    1/14 - 2/17 - BFN's
    Rx: Unexplained infertility - All tests normal and/or good
    3/17: IUI #1 - BFP   EDD: 12/7/17

BabyFetus Ticker
  • This isn't your thread you started a discussion but the thread itself is public.
    Me: 30 DH 28
    TTC since March 2013
    DH, SA normal count, slow swimmers
    NTNP as of 7/1/14
    Back to TTC as of 8/2014
    1st RE appointment October 2014, everything looks good both of us healthy and normal
    Clomid and IUI first cycle November 2014:BFN 
    Clomid and IUI December 20, 2014: BFP 1/4/15!!

Untitled

• I don't even know what trolling is. I've been on here for a week, my first message board. Not a pro who knows how everything works just yet. This whole thing has been way too stressful and not at all what I thought it would be.
    E (24) + DH (30)
    Project RAINBOW<3

• Did I ever once ask that question? No. Was looking for similar experiences. Anyone who feels the need to post snarky, rude comments on my threads in the future can just refrain.

It's pretty difficult to get appendicitis without an appendix.

How are we supposed to know you don't have an appendix if you don't tell us? You got some good answers here. Chill and read the newbie blog. This really is an amazing place to be.
    Me(29), DH (29)
    Married December 2011     TTC#1 Since November 2013
    Dec. 2013... BFP! 12/31/13... Natural M/C 1/29/14 (8 weeks)
    July 2014...BFP!... 17dpo beta 581...19dpo beta 1419!!.. stick baby, stick!
    EDD: 3/20/15.. It's a boy!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • LuluRMLuluRM member

Guys, I come back finally sober enough to internet, and the board is all, "am I knocked the fuck up!?!"

I think I will return to Mexico and my tequila. 

Welcome back!!
  • My husband and I have been ttc since 2011. I would hope that by now I'd have a basic understanding of ttc acronyms. However this is the first board I've signed up for and posted on. As a paramedic, I have a pretty tight grasp on anatomy, and all of the "other" things that my symptoms could be caused by. This TWW has been anxiety ridden, and emotionally stressful. I thought I'd reach out on a TRYING TO CONCEIVE board.

Obviously a mistake.
    E (24) + DH (30)
    Project RAINBOW<3

• EveryStormX2EveryStormX2 member
    edited June 2014
    I guess I'm just confused as to why my innocent question caused this much of an issue?

Has no one ever over analyzed things during their two week wait? Yes, I'm a medical professional, but the past three years have sucked all forms of rationality out of me, and replaced it with a hypochondriac, over analyzing, body sensitive, worrying, emotional wreck.
    E (24) + DH (30)
    Project RAINBOW<3

• I really try to stop over analyzing symptoms. Just last cycle I had a brand new symptom: watery CM at around 6 DPO. Of course I let it get to my head but it ended in disappointment. Psyching myself up only hurts in the long run cause you fall from a greater height when AF comes.
  • I guess I'm just confused as to why my innocent question caused this much of an issue? Has no one ever over analyzed things during their two week wait? Yes, I'm a medical professional, but the past three years have sucked all forms of rationality out of me, and replaced it with a hypochondriac, over analyzing, body sensitive, worrying, emotional wreck.
    If you have been here a week, you should know that fishing and symptom spotting frustrations are not meant for the main board - the 2WW is where that belongs, if we all posted individual threads about every cramp, gas bubble or fart we experienced we'd have to weed through pages and pages of it.  Also, you'd see how many fishing 'am I pregnant' posts we get every. single. day and how they generally go over.  You only have to be here about half a minute to see what the tone of the board is in general, so your week here should have prepared you for straight forward, honest, and knowledgeable answers with a great sense of humour thrown in.  TTC can be a miserable journey, we like to have a little fun where we can.  If you are hyper sensitive and/or lack a sense of humour or the ability to laugh at yourself a little, this may not be the board for you.  That's ok.  We're not for everyone.  Some people actually prefer the boards where they blow false hope up your arse with a healthy dose of glitter and "squeee you're totes preggo" with every symptom you list, if that's your preference then babygaga or babycenter will be more your speed.

In all seriousness, though, I've been TTC for almost two years now with an ectopic loss and surgery a year and a half ago, and have had so many cycles with weird cramps, symptoms, etc. that I completely ignore them now, long experience has taught me not read into anything anymore.  You seem to have gone the other way entirely, if your TTC journey has caused you to become such an emotional wreck you might want to seek counselling.  I say this without snark or sarcasm, I understand completely how frustrating a long fruitless TTC journey can be, and if it's having such a negative impact on you in so many ways you could probably benefit from some professional help.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Well I apologize for being one of "those" posters then. I'm grasping at straws, really. We have been under the care of two RE's since May of last year, and at my appointment the 20th, the diagnosis I got of a septum in my uterus was recanted after another SIS test. He looked at my follicles and drew more labs, and have us a confident go ahead to make this month count.

We added in a few new tricks, like preseed, and I honestly just want this journey over with. If I wasn't serious about being a member of this community, I wouldn't have joined. Everyone in my personal inner circle gets pregnant by just looking at their significant other, so there's no one in real life who understands the struggle and toll that it's taken on me, my husband and our marriage.

In response to joy2611, we've been using OPK's like they're going out of style up to this point. Since our second loss in November 2012, my cycles have been regular at 27 days, and we know I'm o'ing. But if this month results in another BFN, I've already got the thermometer ready and waiting.
    E (24) + DH (30)
    Project RAINBOW<3

• @EveryStormX2 I highly recommend temping. It's so much easier than it seems at first and it really gives you a lot of information. You may even find out that you are ovulating earlier or later than you think. If you're missing the window by a few days each month that could be making a difference.

You're right. Definitely thinking that temping will be the way to go from now on. It would probably give us a lot more peace of mind, and possibly some humor to know EXACTLY when O is (especially if we've been off at all). Honestly at this point, I'd stand on my head for an hour if I didn't think I'd injure myself in the process, ha.
    E (24) + DH (30)
    Project RAINBOW<3

• @kariann12‌ - definitely not looking for false hope, no. I guess the grounded, stfu I was looking for is what I got, LOL, yet wasn't expecting it?! (((Hugs))) I have/had high hopes for May too.

@gscoville‌- it's possible I need to lurk more, lol. I haven't been on too much, due to work, so I guess I need to brush up a little on the way this all works Thursday when I'm off. I'm sorry for your loss (((hugs))). We saw a therapist after our second miscarriage, and that coupled with taking a break on the TTC front helped a lot. Now being back in the running for the past five months, the fear of another loss and the disappointments of those bfn's are starting to bring back a lot of memories.

@Whitney101411‌- I do have a lot of medical friends, but as paramedics we aren't a wealth of knowledge in the area of obstetrics/gynecology, further than catch the baby if you're delivering it, neonatal resuscitation if it's necessary, god forbid, and making pregnant women comfortable for their trip to the ER, for whatever they've called for. My coworkers (also predominantly male) would be zero help, haha.
    E (24) + DH (30)
    Project RAINBOW<3

• @meganole25‌ - hahaha! That was my "gut" reaction, too, no pun intended...but I've already gone like so many times today I've lost count *blushing* yuck, haha.

@Whitney101411‌ - when I was pregnant with my first, I miscarried during a shift. My male partner first suggested I go home (in retrospect, great advice that I didn't take), then bought me ice cream, offered to take my blood pressure(? Haha) and then offered to buy my diamonds. His logic was that ice cream and diamonds are all a woman needs to feel better, LOL. Points for trying.
    E (24) + DH (30)
    Project RAINBOW<3

• jt305jt305 member
    I love a happy ending. We needed a happy ending today.

OP, welcome to the board and GL!

Anniversary
    TTC since Jan 2014
    BFP: 1/14; spontaneous m/c at 6w
    Proud Mama of my furbaby

• ngolimentongolimento member
    edited June 2014
    I refuse to believe that all these 'women' who ask about uterus pains are real.  Newp.  If you actually owned one, you wouldn't be all "WHAT WAS THAT?!" about cramping.

Unless maybe you are a serial killer who just stole one from someone, I guess that's possible.  If so, bad move, dude, owning a ute sucks.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Peledreamsofrain‌ that's what my ute looked like this past week. Just raging.

imageimage
    DD born on 11/10/2007
    TTC Sept-Nov 2012
    BFP on 10/25/2012 CP 11/1/2012
    Back on BCP
    BFP on 10/13/2013 EDD June 26, 2014 
    Little Girl went to Heaven on January 26, 2014 @ 18 weeks
    TTCAL March 2014-Present
    BFP on 6/20/2014 Blighted Ovum
    BFP on 8/31/2014 It's a GIRL!  EDD May 18, 2015
  • I had a similar pain. It was not at all pg related. Turns out I had a kidney stone, bladder infection & UTI all rolled into one delightful package.

If it continues then monitor it. Test in a week or so. You want to get that taken care of.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm sorry for your loss and struggles. Welcome to the board, it's a great group!

BFP #1 3/22/11- DD Born 11/22/11
    TTC #2 since 11/2013

• HeyStVincentHeyStVincent member
    edited June 2014
    @KawaiiKitsune -- your temp chart makes me a little envious. FX for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"