3rd Trimester
Options

pre-eclampsia question

I went to the doctor's today and my blood pressure was 112/92, so she took blood to check for pre-eclampsia. Has anybody had blood pressure this high and it turned out fine? I don't really know what's high for blood pressure. If it does come back that I have it would they induce labor? I didn't even think to ask my doctor while I was there because I was so nervous about if I do have it. TIA for any advice or experiences.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: pre-eclampsia question

• Options

That doesn't seem too bad to me. I have PIH and my BP was 170/100. I'm on bedrest and BP medication. My BP now is usually in the 120's and the 80's. Dr. said to call if it's ever over 150 or 100. I don't have PE. With PE you also have to have protein in your urine. My protein is very close to being considered PE but luckily isn't there yet!

?

I hope it stays low for you!!!

• Options
    I actually had the same thing at last weeks appointment. All my tests ended up coming back ok but my blood pressure is still high and I have a little protein in my urine. So they told me today they won't let me go the full 40 weeks. Before my tests came back though she said if I would get diagnosed with pre-e they would induce within 3 days.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You could have PIH, pregnancy induced hypertension, or you could just be having a bad day. They will look for protein in your urine, and if they find a little, they will probably have you collect your urine for a 24 hour period. They will look at your reflexes and make sure you are not swelling in your hands or face or having really bad headaches. The blood sample is to make sure the high bp is not effecting your organs. My bp has been on the high side and creeping up for the last few weeks, but I do not have pre-eclampsia and my blood work has been very good. My doctor has me on partial bed rest to help control my bp. I've been in the 140s over 90s for the last couple of weeks when sitting up, and then my bottom lower is always signficantly lower when I'm on my side (hence the partial bed rest).

If you have any questions, definitely call your doctor's office and ask. Do pay attention to headaches that will not go away with tylenol, and any sudden swelling.
  • Options
    Today must be a day of high BP for people because I had high BP (120/90) and I have to collect urine for 24 hours to help rule out pre-e.  When do you go back to the doctor?  As for if they induce, I think they might do it if you have protein in your urine...at least they did with my cousin twice, but maybe it depends on the amount of protein?  I wish I knew more and could help!
  • Options
    mine was 178/98 at its highest.  All of my bloodwork and 24 hr urine collection came back normal.  So they just put me on bedrest and I'm taking bp meds since week 28.  Everything has been fine since.  good luck!
  • Options
    Are you sure that's the correct BP because that's not high.
  • Options

imageyonni2002:
    Are you sure that's the correct BP because that's not high.

That bottom number of 92 is high and warrants concern.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"