January 2014 Moms

How about a weekend GTKY

1.Tell us about the best date you've ever been on.

2. Now tell us about the worst.

3. Tell us about something funny that has happened to you or that you did.

4. Now tell us something scary that happened.

Make 'em good people....... 
         *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How about a weekend GTKY

• Best date: Honestly my first date with DH was probably one of the best dates I've ever had. We went to my fav restaurant and then to a local landmark with a gorgeous view. We talked nonstop and had so much in common. It was so refreshing to finally find a REAL guy. I came home with a stomach full of butterflies and was giddy like a school girl.

Worst date: Random guy I was set up with for a double date. He complained that I ordered something too expensive and then didn't finish every single bite. We were at Chili's.

Something funny: In college I left the library really late one night and decided to walk home. In the street I saw a baby bird on the ground struggling that looked injured so the softy in me walked right up to in leaned down to looked at it. NOPE not a bird. It was a bat. It was now about a foot from my face and hissing and screaming. I was so honestly surprised and horrified that I actually ran the rest of the way home screaming. I'm sure I looked like an idiot but it was so insanely gross and I got so close to it!  DH teases me about this to this day and he wasn't even there.

Something scary:  Hmmmm.... Well this isn't really my story but I do know the people involved really well. DH grew up living beside a very sweet family and the parents became best friends with DH's parents. They had a daughter about 4 years older than DH. Sadly she passed away on her honeymoon, and although he was never convicted there is not a shadow of a doubt in our minds that her brand new hubby killed her. I won't say names but it was all over the news when it happened and during the trial. Its crazy to actually know someone who was murdered.  Her parents are the sweetest people.
             *********************************************************************************

After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
  • Best Date: Definitely my very first date with DH. It was at a Cracker Barrel and it was over breakfast, which is my favorite meal. He then took me shopping and dropped a lot of money on clothes for me at Anthropologie. I wish I could get him to go shopping with me still!

Worst Date: Blind date with some guy (to be honest I can't remember who set us up or how the hell this date came about) but when I arrived at the restaurant, he grinned really wide and revealed 2 missing front teeth. I was mortified!! While I couldn't wait to leave, I was very nice to him and stayed for dinner, although I wouldn't let him pay for me. I did ask him when and how he lost his teeth and he said it had happened a few years prior and never felt like getting it fixed. I was like wuuuut?!?!

Something Funny: I got so high on mushrooms once (in my crazy days) that I apparently got lost in the woods for a few hours. Everyone was looking for me when I suddenly showed back up at the party and people were freaking out asking me where the hell I went. I told them I was lost in the woods and they were like "There are no woods around here." Turns out I got lost in a couple of bushes in the backyard thinking I was in a forest. 

Something Scary: When I lived in a semi sketch part of the city I grew up in, I was driving home after partying until the early morning hours. When I got close to home, I saw a bunch of cop cars one block over from my apartment and a TV news station van. Apparently there was an entire family murdered in their sleep. I was so freaked out and ended up moving out of that neighborhood shortly after despite the cops being pretty sure (although not 100%) that it was done by someone the family knew. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.Tell us about the best date you've ever been on. Probably my first date with DH. He took me out to dinner and then we went to the movies. I was so happy. He brought me home where I kissed him and ran inside.

2. Now tell us about the worst. I went to the movies with some guy my step bro used to hang out with and some friends came with. He talked through the ENTIRE movie. That was the only date we went on. About a week later my bro and his other friend beat the shit out of him for calling me a slut. I never even kissed the guy.

3. Tell us about something funny that has
    happened to you or that you did.

4. Now tell us something scary that happened. DH and I think our first house was haunted. You all are more then welcome to roll your eyes. There's a few reasons why we believe this. There were two walls the dogs would stare at and just growl like
    something was there. We always felt like we were being watched. One night before DH left for work we heard plastic bags rustle. We couldn't find anything. Later that night when i was in bed I heard it and the dogs growled at the bathroom door. They ran before I opened it, but nothing was there. The extra bedroom was always cold and I always had an uneasy feeling when I went in there.

There are more reasons, but now both kiddos are screaming.
  • amt0312 said:

Something Funny: I got so high on mushrooms once (in my crazy days) that I apparently got lost in the woods for a few hours. Everyone was looking for me when I suddenly showed back up at the party and people were freaking out asking me where the hell I went. I told them I was lost in the woods and they were like "There are no woods around here." Turns out I got lost in a couple of bushes in the backyard thinking I was in a forest. 

loving this. :)

• Seriously, @amt0312‌ that is ridiculously funny!

1. Best Date: My first date with DH! We were introduced by mutual friends at a grill out and we just clicked. I was so nervous to talk to him, so I'm really glad he had the courage to start up a conversation!

2. Worst Date: One of my college boyfriends went to a school a few hours away from mine. We were going to a party and needed booze. Instead of being a gentleman and buying the alcohol out of his own pocket, he asked me to stop at an ATM and get cash for him...from my account!

3. Something Funny: I was a competitive swimmer in college. All the girls on my team would do a "deck change" because the locker rooms were always very crowded after a swim meet (cover up with a sweatshirt and towel to take suit off and put clothes on). I finished earlier than most of my team at one meet and decided to change into my clothes. I used a zip up sweatshirt to cover my top half and realized too late that I forgot to zip it up all the way! The UMass team got a show.

4. Something Scary: I won't go into details, but DH got seriously injured once and almost died in front of me. If it weren't for his friends that were visiting who helped until medics got to our house, I'm sure he'd be dead. I was shaking so hard I could barely call 911. Literally the WORST experience of my life.

• The best date I've been on was with DH. We went to a couples resort for the weekend and I totally kicked his ass at the arcade.

My worst date...it's hard to pick just one. It would probably be the one when I was like 16 and I really liked this guy and he asked me to prom then ditched me when we got there and didn't talk to me for like 2 weeks. Yeah he sucked.

Something funny was when this guy tried hitting on me at the gym. He kept staring at me and then proceeded to act as if he wanted to use the machine I was on so I asked if he wanted to use it and he said " I wouldn't mind watching you do it some more". I then told him it was a bold statement and he claimed to be a bold person so I told him that my husband loves that I'm bold. He was shut down.

Something scary was when me and my friend discovered her grandpas body after he passed away in his home. Then the paramedics asked us to try to flip him over, it was traumatizing because I've known him my whole life. The paramedics later apologized when they realized we were only 17.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • 1.Tell us about the best date you've ever been on.
    My first Valentine's day with SO. We just moved into our studio and I came back from a trip to Japan the day before so I was jet lag, but I woke up in the morning with SO kissing me and giving me a card. It would have been romantic if my mouth wasn't open.. we ended up driving around the island and stop by a sex shop for fun and got grosses out by two older ladies looking for dildos. We ended the night at a Chinese restaurant and ordered way too much food. Well you can guess what happened when we came home ;)

I don't remember much, but I remember just walking away from my date and taking the bus home because he was just into his PSP.

When I was 9, my grandparents took me to visit my Aunty in California so we went to a big mall and ended up going to a furniture store. My grandpa and I were trying on different sofas and chair and without looking I sat on a wheelchair for a disabled child! Omfg, I was so embarrassed when I saw the kid and his dad trying on sofas staring at me.

When I was in elementary, my housing community was under lockdown because there was a crazy guy who took his gf as a hostage and started shooting at passing cars from his home. My mom was coming home and had no idea what was going on because the police didn't arrive to block the entrance yet so she and two other cars passed the house and he shot at them, but missed. My family and 100s of other families were locked out and couldn't go home for 24 hours. The SWAT had to come in and a sniper shot the guy because he didn't want to negotiate and started to become more hostile.
  • Rebis58Rebis58 member
    edited June 2014
    1.Tell us about the best date you've ever been on. 
    Hmm. Honestly I've never been on an exceptional date in terms of the activities. They've all been pretty standard. All of the early dates with H were awesome, though, because we just clicked so well and could talk and laugh for hours
    Went to dinner and a movie on a Sunday night for a first date. We decided to order drinks, and the guy ordered a beer with a drop shot, slammed it, and ordered another beer. Before we left he ordered another drop shot, and then we went up to the bar to pay and he ordered two double shots of tequila, which I did not partake in. I asked if he wanted me to drive and he said "no, I have a really high tolerance" (WTF). On the drive up to the theatre he proceeded to tell me about his upcoming court date for a DUI. NO CLUE why I got into the car in the first place or why I didn't call a friend to come take me home but I didn't. Young, stupid, insecure. There was no second date.
    I was invited to a party as a date of one of H's good friends (hadn't met H yet). The more I got to know friend the more of a douche I realized he was. At that party I met H because he was acting as wing man to his friend, distracting me while he made out with two girls on the dance floor. The next time we hung out, friend told me if he got into a fight he could get charged with assault with a deadly weapon because of his martial arts classes... yea, total douche. I blew off the friend and started dating H
    In high school I was dating a guy - parent's worst nightmare he was an idiot. I went boating down the river with him to rescue one of his friends whose boat was broken down. It was too late to be heading down the river safely, and by the time friend's boat was fixed it was getting dark. Neither boat had lights, so the friend was following us by watching our boat's wake in the water since he didn't know the river. We thought we lost them so we stopped, and they kept coming. At the last second they realized they were about to hit us, and swerved off to the side. It was an open boat, no one wearing life jackets. They would have slid right over our boat and likely killed us all - we were so lucky. Totally didn't learn my lesson, either. Makes me sick to my stomach to think about now that I have DD

ETA: Holy crap - novel. Sorry ladies :S
  • 1.The good: Two weeks after my husband and I started dating, he went on a cross-country trip for 6+ weeks. I met him in LA and we drove up to San Francisco together. He knew that I loved Marilyn Monroe, so he planned an entire day of hitting Marilyn hot spots in LA for me.

2. The bad: There was a guy who stopped by my former workplace trying to sell something (can't remember what it was now). He asked me for my e-mail address and I thought, what the heck, he's pretty cute. Side note, I was just coming out of a really toxic relationship. He e-mailed me and asked me out to dinner, so I decided to meet him. We spent the entire time talking about movies and I told him how I loathe scary movies. He kept pushing and pushing me to see The House on Haunted Hill, which I thought was super weird for him to do. Like literally would not stop pestering me. I e-mailed him a few days later thanking him for dinner but letting him know that I was not interested in pursuing a relationship with him. Mind you, this was a response to another e-mail of his asking me when we were going to get together to watch that damn movie and he wanted to cook me dinner. He wrote back that I was mistaken, it wasn't a date, he was just trying to sell me whatever he stopped by the office for. False. Nice try, though -- weirdo.

3. The funny: I hung my underwear on a decorative street lamp post one night because they were irritating me. I was wearing a dress, lol. The best part is that 3 of my friends thought it was a fabulous idea and followed suit.

4. The scary: I was sliding down a subway banister on my stomach when I lived in NYC. I was drunk, obviously. I lost my balance at the end and swung/fell off. I almost fell into the tracks and a train was coming in -- it passed by about 3 seconds after my near-fall. I would have definitely died. Lesson learned.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"