October 2013 Moms

Martini and BF

Me and dh went out to dinner and I had a martini at around 8pm and sipped slowly. I'm pumping now at 11:15pm. Ok to keep milk I pump?

Re: Martini and BF

• jennlinjennlin member
    If you're ever worried, you can also dilute your "tainted" milk wth "clean" milk, to make any effects even less, as well. Even though you *are* in the safe zone right now.

• You're worried about 1 martini?  You're fine.
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Loading the player...
  • Wait wait wait. We can have hard alcohol when we breast feed??? I thought it was only wine and beer. Mind. Blown. I haven't had a cocktail since December 2012.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm thinking now I should dump it. When we took the breastfeeding class she said one drink of hard liquor was ok....I don't know... :(
  • A single drink 3 hours before pumping, I'd say you're fine! If you could safely drive then your milk is safe. Alcohol is metabolized out of your milk like it is out of your circulation. It doesn't just stay in your milk. I'd be comfortable feeding the milk in this situation and I am way conservative with drinking and nursing!

After almost 3 years of IF and a crazy roadside delivery, we are loving life with our second beautiful daughter! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Is this conversation really happening? Are you fishing for praise because you haven't had a cocktail since giving birth almost 8 months ago? There have been COUNTLESS conversations over the last 8 months about drinking alcohol and when it's safe to feed baby.
  • Is this conversation really happening? Are you fishing for praise because you haven't had a cocktail since giving birth almost 8 months ago? There have been COUNTLESS conversations over the last 8 months about drinking alcohol and when it's safe to feed baby.

Wow. Calm down. Untwist your panties, and take a breath. Yeah, I'm fishing for praise. You caught me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wait wait wait. We can have hard alcohol when we breast feed??? I thought it was only wine and beer. Mind. Blown. I haven't had a cocktail since December 2012.

SMH

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Thank you!! I ended up keeping it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"