December 2014 Moms
Options

Tipped Uterus?

Anyone with a tipped/tilted/retroverted (all the same thing) uterus? 

This morning at my first appointment with the midwife practice that I've switched to, they couldn't do a doppler since it's too early. They asked if we wanted an ultrasound to see the baby. After 15 minutes with the regular ultrasound wand we couldn't see a thing. I started to panic and I could tell the midwife felt bad that she even offered. After getting a 2nd midwife to come in and doing a vaginal ultrasound we saw the baby right away and perfectly healthy. Both of the midwives mentioned that I had the most tipped uterus they have ever seen. From what I'm reading it doesn't cause any negatives to getting pregnant and staying pregnant, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tipped Uterus?

• Options
    Krisx2Krisx2 member
    I have a retroverted uterus. It does make earlier ultrasounds more difficult. I also didn't show till later in the pregnancy and measured a few weeks behind, sciatica and back pain were pretty intense since DD was right on my spine. It really shouldn't cause any complications and by the time labor rolls around, your cervix will be in the right position for birth.

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I have a tilted uterus. With dd it made use of Doppler problematic only once. This time around the only issue I have had was getting a good ultrasound pic without it being internal
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kim1730kim1730 member
    Yep.  I have a tilted uterus.  It definitely makes it harder to hear the heartbeat on the doppler early.  In my first pregnancy, I had an ob appt the same day I had my NT scan - this was around 12-13 weeks.  At the ob appt that day, the dr could not find the heartbeat with the doppler and he was so determined to do so because we knew the baby was fine at the NT scan a couple hours early and if he was unable to find it, he would have to send me for another ultrasound.  So with one hand he internally was able to adjust the position of the uterus, while with the other hand simultaneously using the doppler.  Awkward but it worked.  Anyway, I've had 2 successful pregnancies with no issues related to the uterus.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    esr9435esr9435 member
    Yep, same thing everyone else said! Also, my doctor and I've noticed I've had round ligament pain/sciatic nerve pain much earlier due to my tilt as well as a slipped disc. My doc told me it causes no prob with labor and delivery though.
  • Options
    I've been told I have a tilted uterus. It hasn't caused any problems at all.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    mc0113mc0113 member
    Thanks so much ladies! Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one. At least now I know for future pregnancies to not freak out when they can't find the baby on a regular ultrasound. Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Traci09Traci09 member
    Yep, me too.  Doc couldn't find the heartbeat with the Doppler at my appointment this week, so we did an ultrasound, and all is good.  In addition to the tilted uterus, it looks like I have an anterior placenta as well this time, so that may have contributed.
    TTC #1 since 4/09 w/ MFI
    IVF #1, 7/10: Cancelled due to dominant follicle; IVF #2, 9/10: c/p; FET #1, 11/10: c/p; IVF #3, 4/11: BFN; FET #2, 6/11: BFP! Beta #1 = 118 (11dp2dt), Beta #2 = 1975 (16dp2dt)
    DS born 2/17/12

TTC #2
    IVF #4, 11/13: BFN; IVF #5, 3/14: BFP! Beta #1 = 59 (11dp2dt), Beta #2 = 406 (15dp2dt)
    EDD 12/19/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    byrne15byrne15 member
    I have a very tipped uterus as well

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    The same exact thing happened to me. When I went in for my first ultrasound, they couldn't see anything. I guess I looked nervous so she went right to the vaginal probe and we could see everything perfectly! What a relief. She said the same thing about my tilted uterus and that it wouldn't cause any problems.
  • Options
    sesturmsesturm member
    My OB told me the exact same thing. She said it would "straighten out" around 12 weeks and there wasn't any problems with it! Also, it was hard to hear the heartbeat with the Doppler because of this, but with some patience she found it! :)
  • Options
    I have this too! It gave me a scare a few weeks ago when I was measuring small and they couldn't find a heartbeat. The baby is still hard to see on the u/s but doing just fine and measuring just right. I am kinda disappointed that I won't show for a while longer but at least now I know why.
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

• Options
    I have a tipped as well. But last time I went to the dr. They did the doppler on me and I could hear a heartbeat right away at 11wks. So they said its normal to have a tilted...?
  • Options
    Mine's tilted too. With dd I didn't have an u/s I'll 12-13 weeks, so they found her np! With this one I had an early u/s and he needed to do an internal u/s. it's no biggie! And like others have said, it straightens out during pregnancy! I DO find the rlp terrible. It hadn't occurred to me that this might be why it seems to have started so early each time.
    BFP 01/17/2014, Due 10/05/2014, MMC, we said goodbye 03/07/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"