Cloth Diapering
Options

Chia Seeds

Thoughts? Do you love them? Do you hate them? What do you use them for? What do they taste like? Consistency?

I bought some on impulse and need some guidance. :)
Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: Chia Seeds

• Options
    I bought some to use in refrigerator overnight no-cook oatmeal recipes I found on Pinterest.  They have no taste and do seem to keep you fuller a bit longer than you would be without them.  In an 8 oz container of oatmeal, there's only 1.5 teaspoons of dry chia seedsbut they get a lot bigger once wet & they absorb the moisture.

rainbowsSiggy picimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    They go well in smoothies. They taste like not much. I also put them in quinoa granola.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love chia seeds! I put them in oatmeal, lactation cookies, and even juice!! Check this juice recipe out, it's actually really good! https://www.mamanatural.com/how-to-make-your-own-chia-seed-drink/
  • Options
    I put then in oatmeal. I like them. I keep meaning to try chia pudding, but I never have chocolate milk to try it
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been putting them in breads, muffins, and pancakes for a nutrition boost since we all seem to like our carbs around here. I also made chocolate avocado chia pudding.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm going to try the pudding recipes first, I think. For some reason I picture them like flax seeds and it's throwing me off.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    My friend loves them and sprinkles them on her salads as wells as the oatmeal and smoothies
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't have enough milk to make the pudding for this morning, but I have a ton now, so im making it now, so I can eat it for breakfast. :)
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    https://www.theironyou.com/2013/11/chocolate-avocado-chia-pudding.html
    This is the chocolate pudding I tried. DS ate it up. 
  • Options
    NVandGZ said:
    And that made it 1000 comments for me. 
  • Options
    NVandGZ said:
    And that made it 1000 comments for me. 
    I've been wanting to try this but my chia seeds are whole. Will they still work?
    couldn't you just stick them in the food processor? Mine are whole too

• Options
    I think mine were whole. Idk.... they're like the size of poppy seeds. Is that the size of whole chia seeds? They're not ground... I know that. 
  • Options
    I would say my pudding was successful! It had some clumps, but it was tasty! I put in a spoonful of Nutella.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    NVandGZ said:

I just whipped some up! Just waiting for it to get chilly in the fridge :). Mh was a butt about me sharing it with M (less than a tsp!) because if the sugar from the maple syrup.

• Options
    You can use them mixed with water as an egg substitute. I think the ratio is 1 tsbp chia seeds +1 tbsp water per egg, but you may want to Google that. I put them in overnight oats and smoothies for extra protein/fiber/etc like PPs mentioned.
  • Options
    Here's my pudding. I do recommend using ground instead of whole chia seeds. I can taste the seeds separate from the pudding. It's not gross, but I'd prefer it be all smooth

• Options

That looks really good. I really want to try it, but I am a little nervous to waste avocados if I don't love it. Grinding the chow seeds seems like a really good idea.

It's very yummy. It makes enough for three ramekins (I didn't have custard cups in which you could fill four). If you like avocados then you will like the pudding

• Options
    That looks really good. I really want to try it, but I am a little nervous to waste avocados if I don't love it. Grinding the chow seeds seems like a really good idea.
    It's very yummy. It makes enough for three ramekins (I didn't have custard cups in which you could fill four). If you like avocados then you will like the pudding
    I LOVE avos, hence my reluctance to waste them. But it looks so yummy and chocolatey so u guess I should give it a try. Thanks!

I don't think I tasted the avocados. And mandmeesh, does YH plan on witholding sugar from M forever? There's avocado and chia in it at least.
  • Options
    NVandGZ said:

Mandmeesh said:

I LOVE avos, hence my reluctance to waste them. But it looks so yummy and chocolatey so u guess I should give it a try. Thanks!

I don't think I tasted the avocados. And mandmeesh, does YH plan on witholding sugar from M forever? There's avocado and chia in it at least.

Yeah...I don't know what his deal was with that :-/. M has had sugar

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"