August 2014 Moms

Baby girl names

My husband and I have narrowed down to two names.

Emily Elizabeth Martin or
Victoria Elizabeth Martin

Let me know what you all think.
:)

Re: Baby girl names

• Loading the player...
  • tamarar5tamarar5 member
    edited May 2014
    I like Emily Elizabeth but... That is also the name of the girl in the Clifford books — if you care. Like I said though, I like Emily Elizabeth better!

Edit to add: 90% of the time you won't be using her middle name though ;) just when you are yelling!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Yes I know that's the girl in the Clifford books, I still think it's pretty lol, but like you said middle name comes out most when they have gotten into trouble lol
  • I do the yell test. It works :) I like Victoria personally. My son loves Clifford so I thought of the little girl lol.
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
    imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I like Victoria, just because it's not a name you don't hear as much. 

Funny story:  I used my son's full name in the bathtub recently (he kept splashing me), and he laughed at me.  We always go by a nickname, so he doesn't really "get" yet that his full name is different. 

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Just based on first names, I like Emily over Victoria.  
    CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy #3 after two prior losses in 2013

EDD 8/18 

• shevaCCshevaCC member
    I think both flow nicely. I just happen to LOVE the name Emily so that would be my vote. I wouldn't worry about teasing -- Clifford is targeting to an age group where it would be cool to have the girl's same name. The kids will have forgotten about that link when they're old enough to start worrying about seeking out reasons to tease.
  • I'm all about the yell test :)

I like Emily Elizabeth.
  • edited May 2014
    Elizabeth is my sister name, Emily and Victoria are both just names that my my husband and I love.
  • I like Emily, but that is what my parents wanted to name a girl if they had a second child. When that was obviously not going to happen (my mom had 2if) we named our cocker spaniel Emily.

I do have to say that both the choices of Emily and Victoria made me think if the tv show Revenge. It is like picking between the antagonist and the protagonist.

TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • I do the yell test too! I also try and think what mean nicknames I can come up with (ex Josie grosie or smelly Shelly).

I like Victoria best just because you have nickname choices

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"