April 2014 Moms

Longer sleep stretches with baby flat on back?

Our son is 6 weeks old and sleeping 2-3 hr. stretches in his PNP. Around week 4 he was congested and the nurse recommended we have him sleep on an incline. For that week we had him in the RNP and had our first 4 hour stretch nights (2 nights of gloriousness). Our doc recommended getting him back to sleeping in the PNP ASAP so it isn't miserable getting him out of sleeping in the RNP that he loves. Since moving him back he is a lot more restless and never goes past 2.5/3 hours (at best). Anyone have any tips for making him more comfy in the PNP/crib? He can't be swaddled...he breaks out of all swaddles :(

Re: Longer sleep stretches with baby flat on back?

• Blaire sleeps on an incline in the PNP and we have a blanket rolled up and placed in a U shape under the fitted sheet. It doesn't reach past her waist and It keeps her sliding to the lower end. It may add to the coziness as well. She also doesn't like to be swaddled and we put her in a sleep sack with arms out for bed.
  • Have you tried the swaddles with Velcro?

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Loading the player...
  • nikkimorellonikkimorello member
    edited May 2014
    I LOVE the idea of that zippered swaddle! Thank you! He breaks free from the velcrow.

Since we are going to move him into his crib before I go back to work in 6 weeks we didn't want him to get too settled in the RNP and not transition well. Just personal preference I guess.

Edited: posted before finished.
  • cnbeancnbean member
    You might find that your son does better in his crib than the PNP. With my first we had him in a PNP and he hated it, but as soon as we moved him to his crib he slept great. 
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kbmac said:
    You could also try the woombie swaddle, if you haven't already. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003OQTPDA?vs=1

DS sleeps in the woombie in his crib and it works really well!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • cnbean said:

You might find that your son does better in his crib than the PNP. With my first we had him in a PNP and he hated it, but as soon as we moved him to his crib he slept great. 

Yup. Our LO was bed sharing because she hated the pnp but she had no problem when i put her in her crib.
    Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • maelicmaelic member
    My girl slept the same in her RNP as she does in her crib: 4-5 hour stretches for the longest sleep cycle of the night. They don't form habits until around 4mo so do what you have to do!
  • Try the miracle blanket. Babies truly cannot break that swaddle. Also, I say a few more night in the RNP to train his body to sleep longer stretches.
  • We have a foam mattress in the PNP (a little nicer than the cardboard thing that came with it).  We've been battling congestion too, so we keep it on a slight incline by placing some folded towels under the head of the mattress. It's not as big of an incline as the RNP, but it's helped his congestion, and he sleeps great :-)
    imageDSC_9275  image

• i got a crib wedge for the crib it goes under the sheet and i love it, he sleeps so much better. i feel like if we sleep with pillows to lift our head up a little bit, why can babies? try it it might help

February SIggy Challenge: Fav Movie/TV Couple

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"