Third-Party Reproduction

**Third-Party Reproduction Check-In** May 26th edi.

Informal check-in this week due to the holiday!

Check-In: How's it going? Next steps? How are you feeling?

QOTW: Share a fond summertime childhood memory with us!
Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: **Third-Party Reproduction Check-In** May 26th edi.

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • refeek1refeek1 member

@parker163-  Good luck to you!

@JimBobCooter- Good luck with your new donor!

Jessarab- Good luck with your transfer being successful!

TTC #1 since May 2010

OE IVF #1  9/2/13 Cancelled- poor response

DE IVF #1 3/12/14- BFP 3/17/14- ectopic, right tube removed 4/11/14 @ 7 weeks

DE FET #1 7/3/14-Transferred 2 5AA 6 day embryos Beta 7/13/14 BFN

DE FET #2 9/5/14-Transferred 2 4BB 5 day embryos Beta 9/15/14 BFN

DE FET #3 in December- Cancelled, didn't respond to meds

DE FET #3 (2nd try) 2/13/15- Transferred 1 4BB and 1 4BA 5 day embryos Beta 2/23/15  BFN again (CP)

DE FET #4 - last 2 frosties....5/22/15- Transferred 1 4BA embryo...only one frostie thawed properly.  Beta scheduled for 6/1-  BFN (beta 2, 2.81, 6, 23, 49.4) 6/15/15 Discovered ectopic in left tube.  Methotrexate given. Moving on to a new donor. Hoping to transfer by the end of the year.

Cant find a donor that is healthy and available.  Looking at being happy with just the two of us.

• @refeek1‌ July will be here in no time! @JimBobCooter‌ hoping you get some good news. @parker163‌ great news!! @Jessarab‌ fx for you :)@AllieAlba‌ congrats on hearing the hb!! Iceland...wow. Safe travels.

AFM not much. Still on estrace. U/S this Saturday for lining check. FET 6/4.

QOTW: We would visit cousins in Erie, PA in the summer and always had fun at the lake. Would cry the whole way home because I never wanted to leave them :) I also thought I was at the ocean lol.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• @JimBobCooter, that really stinks - I'm so sorry!! I hope that you hear back about the second prospect and can get everything lined up.

@BeckyP005 & @refeek1, good luck with your FET prep :)

@Jessarab, FX!! When is your beta? Do you plan to test?

@cc+mm, @AllieAlba & @parker163, I'm glad to hear everything is going so well!

AFM, I feel the need to sit down with DH and rehash the plan. We were originally thinking of doing 2-3 IUIs as a final attempt with my eggs while we wait for an appointment with the RI. I have been figuring all along that we're going to go with DEggs, and I'm really starting to like the idea :) Originally, we planned to wait until September to start looking at profiles (after the IUIs and RI appointment), but I feel like I'd like to get the ball rolling sooner. Perhaps we can start looking at profiles over the summer so we can hopefully get matched before the end of the year.... I don't know - lots to think out!

QOTW: I loved spending the summer over at my grandparents' house swimming in their pool all day long, and watching the endless video tapes of The Smurfs that my grandma made for us :)
    TTC since March 2012
    Dx: Unexplained IF, Arcuate Uterus, Minimal Endometriosis, Poor Embryo Quality
    Tx History: 1 Injects+TI, 5 IUIs, 3 IVFs, 1 FET = all BFN and full of heartbreak
    Plan: Waiting to see if our potential donor is a match for DE IVF #1

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
  • Now we are just waiting. Had the transfer on the 23rd, getting a blood test tomorrow to check levels. Everyone in my family is sick with pneumonia which is apparently going around. I am doling out meds while trying desperately not to get sick myself.

QOTW: Swimming and tubing in the Guadalupe river, freezing water just wakes you up in the summer :)
    imageimageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @daydreamer34254 - not planning to POAS... should be an interesting week and half to go :) I'd rather drive myself crazy with the unknown than to get my hopes up or down and be wrong! We had so much fun looking at the donor profiles... hope you find one you love :) 

@DizzyMom1 - Fx you stay healthy and germ free! 

@ksgsmu - Yay!! Sending positive vibes your way!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married September 3, 2011 | TTC since May 2013
    Me: Diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2013, underwent fertility sparing surgery which left low ovarian reserve, no tubes, partial ovary | DH: perfectly normal 
    BFP: 5/30/2014 via donor eggs | EDD: 2/6/2015
  • Km672Km672 member
    @lacyj67 - so very happy for you!!! Enjoy your maternity leave!!

@ksgsmu - yea!!! Congrats!!!

Afm - transfer is Wednesday... Technically tomorrow since its 2am (I'm at work) ... Which is crazy.

I'm not expecting this to work, but at the same time I know I'm not going to be ok if it doesn't. I guess at this point there is a tiny piece of me that still has hope that maybe I really have fallen on the wrong side of the odds... Over and over and over again. But, I feel like it has to be more than just really bad luck if this fails again and I'm not ready to face that.

Fx the transfer at least goes smoothly and I didnt get this stupid stitch on my cervix for nothing.

Qotw - I spent a lot of days at the beach with my sisters. I love the ocean, it's one of the happiest and most relaxing places for me-

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

• Waving hi to everyone!  It's so exciting to see so many of us cycling and so many of us KU.  Crossing my fingers for those still waiting to cycle or for a BFP -- there's enough room on the baby train for all of us.

I'm just hanging in there at 32w5d.  Definitely entering the Elephant Woman phase of pregnancy.  I could barely get my slippers on this morning.  :P  
    You are so close!! Can't believe its almost time :)

Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• sarahjerisarahjeri member
    edited May 2014
    Prayers for those who need them & FX for all the baby making!! :)
    Check-in:  On bcps now for a week, it's been awhile since I've taken any hormones of any sort and it's crazy how much I notice changes in my body.  We turned in all our paperwork to our RE's office today.  They'll call us later this week to collect our deposit for FET that will either be July 11 or 18.  Lupron will start on the 11th. 

QOTW: My mom's side of the family goes to Virginia every summer where we rent a beach house for a week or more.  It's definitely my happy place - we go again mid-June leaving two days after we start meds for our FET.
    *****siggy*****
    Me: 33 (Mosaic Turner's Syndrome/POF) 
    DH: 35 (no male factor)
    3/10 - Foster Mr. T for 1 month
    3/11 - Foster AL for 1 year
    7/11 Known donor retrieval 7 fertilized 
    7/11 DE Transfer -BFP & 5 FE
    4/9/12 Miracle baby girl arrives!
    Planning for FET 7/14

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @marshmallowevening‌ I am so very sorry :( Big hugs...

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Raspberry807Raspberry807 member
    edited May 2014
    Check-In: First post here on this board so I'll do a quick intro... Mom to 5 and hopefully GC to a wonderful couple.  Transferred 7 embryos so far in three transfers, #4 is scheduled for July with their last two frozen embryos.  One was neg, two had negative 2nd betas.

Hoping to be some support to anyone considering a surrogacy option.  Best of luck to everyone!
    SS10 - SD9 - DD7 - DS5 - DS born 10/3/12
  • KateBeeKateBee member
    Baby warning.

Aidan James was born on 5.17 via gestational surrogate. After a 16 hour drive home, we're all doing great (although very sleep deprived). Haven't checked in for a while so thought I'd update! Thinking of y'all often.
  • @KateBee‌ a big congrats!! Love the name :)

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• sarahjerisarahjeri member
    edited June 2014
    @marshmellowevening hugs to you :(  will you do one more FET before moving on to another donor family?
    *****siggy*****
    Me: 33 (Mosaic Turner's Syndrome/POF) 
    DH: 35 (no male factor)
    3/10 - Foster Mr. T for 1 month
    3/11 - Foster AL for 1 year
    7/11 Known donor retrieval 7 fertilized 
    7/11 DE Transfer -BFP & 5 FE
    4/9/12 Miracle baby girl arrives!
    Planning for FET 7/14

• KateBee said:

Baby warning.

Aidan James was born on 5.17 via gestational surrogate. After a 16 hour drive home, we're all doing great (although very sleep deprived). Haven't checked in for a while so thought I'd update! Thinking of y'all often.
    Big Congrats on the Birth of your baby!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"