January 2013 Moms
Options

S/O flight ideas: road trip ideas

martha919martha919 member
edited May 2014 in January 2013 Moms
Last summer, we drove the eight hours to my ILs' house exactly four times. One of those times was part of a larger road trip. Blech.

In a few weeks, we're going again for the first time since DD became mobile. I need some ideas for the car...her 12yo half-sister will be sitting next to her and is a huge help, but obviously I'm responsible for the ideas to keep my toddler sane. ;-) So far I've thought of having some Daniel Tiger available for her to watch when we're desperate, and I'm planning on getting her a Leapreader Junior (you get books that it "reads" when you touch the page) and books for that. Also, regular books. Maybe a latch board? Her interests now are so much more complex, haha. Last year we could chuck an empty water bottle her way and not hear from her for an hour. ;-)

So, whatcha got? Oh, and we'll be stopping as necessary of course. I'm not a great traveler myself and need plenty of leg-stretching time.

Eta: of not if
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O flight ideas: road trip ideas

• Options
    Following. We are driving 1350 miles in about a month over 3 days...

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Options
    SWOG31SWOG31 member
    We just did our first road trip last weekend. My mom was with us and sat next to DD. Having someone in the back with her made the trip 100% better than our normal everyday car rides. We had endless snacks, new toys, and the IPad with Daniel Tiger episodes. The new toys consisted of balls that lit up when she threw them against the backseat, and Tegu blocks. I bought the blocks when they were on sale on Zulily for $19.99 and I'm glad I had them. I will keep them in my purse for down moments like waiting at the pedi. Other than that, we left during nap time and she slept most of the first leg of the trip(8hrs total broken up in 4hr shifts). I was terrified of how it would go, but it went amazingly well. We are doing a shorter trip for the 4th of July and I'm hopeful it will go well.
    image ?/25 my chart image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Road trips are so much more intimidating than flying to me! Good luck, I think we're doing a 4-6 hour drive in November and I'm dreading it even though DD will be almost 2 by then.
  • Options
    We are driving 5 hours with Jacey to Florida the weekend of the 13th and im interested to see how it goes. Im planning on bringing Violet and a portable dvd player and lots of snacks. Ill be following this thread. It was so much easier when they were smaller and slept all the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"