August 2013 Moms

Vent/AW/Random!

Vent:  5 wake-ups last night DD?!?  Along a 5:15 wake for the day???  NO no no no no no.

AW:  picked up her birthday invitations yesterday...mailing them next week!  (its a 7/13 party)

Random:  I decided to start showering at night - the mornings are just too hectic.  Of course the shower wall shares a wall with DD's room, so I still need to be super quiet - but at least I feel less crazed in the morning.  So far, so good - and its been nice going to bed clean.  :)  Weekends I'll plan to shower in the morning unless I feel like throwing in a night shower for the heck of it.  That made me realize...I'll probably be showering twice on Sundays.

Re: Vent/AW/Random!

• ludaliludali member
    LOL LOL @LokiLahve that face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  eh, have a little chocolate - if not, you'll be thinkingabout it ALL day.  One little piece won't kill ya if you just stop at the one SMALL piece.  ;-)  And yeah...I just ate a chocolate bar.  Whoops.  Sorry about the sink - something that H can fix when he's home I hope???
  • Loading the player...
  • I've tried showering at night but I sweat so much in the motn that I feel gross when I wake up. I would still have to wipe down again in the morning. I have so much to do at night that I just want to plop down and sleep. I even stopped wearing makeup because I've been lazy to wash my face at night.

I had 2 breakfasts today. A full fat greek yogurt at home and I just polished off a bagel with veggie cream cheese and coffee with half and half. I've been so hungry lately, so I hope this holds me over for a while.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• KatieS7 said:
    @TrueBeliever925‌ don't beat yourself up. You are a wonderfully supportive mom and friend.
    Thank you, @KatieS7. It means a lot. <3 I'm just really great at putting myself down. I feel like I do it so others can't say something I've already thought/said about myself. I don't know. It's stupid, I know. And my poor DH has to deal with me saying "Sorry" all day about everything. I feel awful :( 

• ludaliludali member
    janneann1127 CONGRATS on the closings!!  A lot of stress and work, but SOOOOOOOOO worth it!!
  • Another random... @ludali YGPM! :D 

• ludali said:
    janneann1127 CONGRATS on the closings!!  A lot of stress and work, but SOOOOOOOOO worth it!!
    Thank you! It has been a work in progress since February so thank you!
  • @TrueBeliever925 OMG! It totally does. You don't even have to have a dirty  mind to see that one. ;)
  • So, I don't know if this qualifies as a vent or a random but... Some old guy just peed in the floor in our automotive back room. Like, walked through the door (not sure how the frick we didn't notice as there was someone at the counter and myself and the service manager in the back room), went down an aisle, and peed on a stack of tires/the floor. Two of our techs walked in and they saw him standing there, asked if he needed help, and directed him back out to the service counter when he said he needed an oil change. It wasn't until a few minutes later we noticed the puddle. :-& No way it was water, either. We were down that aisle putting tires away maybe 5 minutes before this happened and the tires he peed on were brand new. What. The. Fuck.
    That's disgusting. I'd be furious to clean up some random persons piss. In the bathroom, I get it. You pee on the toilet, whatever.. close enough. But you couldn't hold it? or go outside? or wear Depends? Really?! I'm sorry you have to handle that, @hauntedradio

• kkay1982kkay1982 member
    edited May 2014

Here's another random....

So every day I drive by the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art on my way to and from work. 

This is currently on display outside of the building (this picture is from another location). It's by Franz West and is called "Les Pommes d'Adam". I understand it's art... but really? This just look like three dildos standing around. 

The artist should check his French and anatomy. Last I checked Adam's apples are the bump on a guys neck not the one between his legs.

Added: maybe Adam's apples as in regards to the forbidden fruit and original sin?? Any way you look at it I don't need to see dildos on the way to work.

And really, why would you want to make these? I guess I am not enlightened enough to enjoy modern "art" besides maybe for a laugh.

• Straight up AW: I made cupcakes for my niece's birthday party Saturday, and they were adorable. image
    Adorable!!
  • Random- my coworker is in labor as we speak and I am so excited for her. She is a week overdue, and had been in labor over 20h already. Just want to see the baby.

AW - LO lives to shake her head no, and makes the cutest gave when doing it. She is also learning to wave. She also spoke her first words.... DA DA DA... Damn it

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"