2nd Trimester

Help!! Is my ultrasound photo a boy or girl?

At my anatomy scan, the UT looked between the legs for a whole two seconds before saying "looks like a girl!" Followed by "see those 3 lines?" And then right away moved to look at another part of baby.

Would love some other opinions on whether you think she was right or if it could be a boy before I go crazy buying girl stuff! The fact that she rushed the gender just makes me a little unsure. (I also thought, as well as my SO, that the quality was horrible of the ultrasound and the pictures we got from it. Not clear at all.)
Does three lines always indicate a girl?

(I was 18 weeks, 6 days at the appt)

Re: Help!! Is my ultrasound photo a boy or girl?

• KVGiovanelliKVGiovanelli member
    edited February 2014
    It does look a little blurry, but I am not an us tech either, next time you go to your ob have them scan you again tell them you feel uncertain.
  • I thought the same thing!
    I wonder if my ob would give me another scan..
    She has a machine in her office and can do them herself, but I had to go to a different hospital to have that ultrasound because it was an anatomy scan.
    I'm definitely going to ask!
  • Loading the player...
  • It looks like a girl to me.  DS's ultrasound looked nothing like that.  U/s techs see a lot of babies, and can usually determine the sex of the baby quickly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I say girl 100% !

• Without a doubt, that is a girl.
  • I say girl too. My boy ultrasound looked nothing like this. My u/s with my daughter..I can't really remember but i do remember the three lines thing.
    If you knew better, you'd do better.
  • You should trust your u/s tech, they know what to look for.
  • Looks like 3 lines to me....My boys were very obviously boys.
    Praying this little one sticks!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • That's defiantly not a boy.
  • Once I figured out what I was looking at, I could see the 3 lines. That my friend, looks like a girl. Congrats!
  • Thanks everyone!!
    Can't wait to meet my little girl :)
  • Girl.  My boy looked quite different at around the same GA.  
  • I would trust your ultrasound tech over all of us. They do this for a living and know boy vs girl parts. On another note that's all girl. DS's ultrasound was very obvious boy.

BabyFetus Tickerphoto 2ceebf02-c89c-48f9-aa15-cf2562600e12.jpg
  • There is no question that that's a vagina.

It's a BOY

• JKBMA2014 said:

There is no question that that's a vagina.

that made me lol. Not sure why but it did. I think it's a girl. I have had both and I don't see any boy parts.
  • Looks like a girl. That's what my ultrasound looks like and I'm having a girl. Sex is probably one of the easier things for a tech to determine. My tech only took a second in that area before she said it was a girl.

• This was our boy at 16 weeks so I will definitely have to say girl.
  • Girl for sure!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • braybeebraybee member
    edited April 2014
    I don't think she would tell you it was a girl if she wasn't sure and pretty sure she'd mention that she wasn't positive if she wasn't.

Eta: congrats on your baby girl!
  • Girl

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• It amazes me that y'all can make heads or tails of these things. 

I'm just like "tell me what it is because those blurry images mean nothing to me!"
    DH and I are Americans living an adventure in Kenya since 2011
    DX: PCOS (annovulatory)
    Feb 2012: IUI #1 w/ only 1M sperm and a single follie = BFP! 
    Nov 2012: Little buddy born in Kenya
    Nov 2013: Trying for a second, still w PCOS
    Dec 2013: IUI cycle canceled for non-response
    Jan 2014: Break cycle BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a boy and that looks nothing like his ultrasound did; I see the 3 lines - it's a girl! Congrats! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• It looks like a hamburger on bun to me - so I would say all gir1.

• Agree with all the others, definitely girl.

• My tech on Thursday saved the sex determination for last and pointed out the three lines of my girl, but did not take a photo. I thought it was an interesting note when she said that she, 'does not take crotch shots of girls.' I didn't ask so I'm not sure but that left me with the impression that she takes crotch shots of boys...cuz you know, you wanna see that??? Either way I wouldn't post my child's crotch shot on the internet and I trust my tech's very experienced and quick determination.

You're having a girl. Congrats!

• trombgirl said:

My tech on Thursday saved the sex determination for last and pointed out the three lines of my girl, but did not take a photo. I thought it was an interesting note when she said that she, 'does not take crotch shots of girls.' I didn't ask so I'm not sure but that left me with the impression that she takes crotch shots of boys...cuz you know, you wanna see that??? Either way I wouldn't post my child's crotch shot on the internet and I trust my tech's very experienced and quick determination.

You're having a girl. Congrats!

Hey. Are you saying my shot of my little man's wang SHOULDN'T be framed and hung on the wall?  \:D/

-------mobile quote------

Hey, I'm not one to tell a proud mama what to do. ;)

• My son had 3 lines. I have a photo from the 20 week scan AND the 3d elective scan she actually circled it and wrote "it's a girl" before the flashed his junk. I would pay for an elective ultrasound for reassurance.
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • mrs190mrs190 member
    Totally girl. Congrats!!!
  • This one was at least only a YOUNG zombie. Like just a little decayed.

• All girl there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"