Tell me something:

- exciting
- scary
- encouraging
- annoying
- sweet
- confusing

about your current life experiences.

I'll write mine tomorrow. Too tired to type right now.

Re: Quickie check-in!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    - exciting
    It's the weekend which means it's family time. I live for family time.

- scary
    Spending 4 days away from DH in July and I'm already anxious about it

- encouraging
    DS seems to be getting better at night sleeps

- annoying
    Still have a hard time getting DS down for night sleeps... (In the middle of that right now- I hate it. Already cried tonight)

- sweet
    Baby smiles

- confusing
    Sudden mood swings. Feeling ragey. PMS?? Please no.... Not yet...

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    Exciting: our church moved into this amaaaazingly beautiful historic location and we all have been working so hard to renovate the space and get it crowd-ready for this weekend. It's a huge step and our first service in the new space is this Sunday. I'm so proud of us for doing it!

Scary: this whole mouth stretching exercise task that lies ahead of us for the next 2 weeks. It's a necessary evil to ensure her lip and tongue tie sites don't reattach after this week's procedure to release them, but daaamn... it really hurts me to know I'm causing her pain, even though it's momentary and productive.

Encouraging: kiddo is really maturing. He has better control over his emotions and he's so independent and responsible these days. And he is so adorable when he plays with Tessa. He really loves her. I'm blessed!

Annoying: the house is never clean. I know this is a season and things will get easier, but I'm tired of stepping around piles everywhere. Deep breath! I keep reminding myself this is normal and manageable.

Sweet: when Tessa talks to me and smiles at me. Gosh do I love this girl...!!

Confusing: the prospect of house hunting! Do we take the inevitable big loss on our house so we can purchase something else when prices are low? Do we save our money and wait? Do we keep our current home and rent it? So much to think about!
  • Options
    - exciting
    DH and I will be moving in a month and we will be closer to his parents and sisters, which means more help for me!

- scary
    I turned down a seat at nursing school because I was afraid it would be too much with a 4 month old and an 1 1/2 hour commute each day. Wondering if I made the right decision :|.

- encouraging
    DS slept 4 hours tonight, but not after refusing to go down from 10:30-12:10.

- annoying
    DH thinks that because he works (construction), that his job is harder than mine and he doesn't have to do things around the house or take care of the baby much. I just want help cleaning, walking the dog, making dinner, holding the baby while I shower, but that's too much to ask :( guess we will be having a serious talk this weekend. That shit isn't going to fly anymore (thanks for the rant!!)

- sweet
    DS smiled at me a lot last night. He's finally not screaming every minute of every day, so I can enjoy a few minutes a day of interaction and snuggling.

- confusing
    How am I going to pack the whole apartment with a needy 6 week old?

• Options
    - exciting
    My boss called me today, he is a good friend of mine. Appears that there is some shaking up at work, in a week or so we will know if we will keep our jobs as is or if the powers that be are going to make major changes. If yes, then I'm looking at needing to transfer to the UK, Norway or Poland. There are other less appealing places they could ask me to go, but with a new baby it's doubtful they would ask me to go to somewhere like Nigeria.
    - scary
    See above!
    - encouraging
    Little man is getting a nightly routine of sorts. He at least understands that nighttime is for eating & sleeping, no dicking around about going back to bed. Works till about 5-6am.
    - annoying
    SIL, her hubs & their 1.5 yo are visiting. Their kid is cute but toddlers are annoying. My malamute is in lockdown because she can't tolerate the kid running around the house. It's funny how I can't stand other peoples kids but think mine is the best ever!
    - sweet
    How my hubs tries to help me with the kid all the time even tho I'm such a raging bitch to him most of the time.
    - confusing
    I feel like hubs & I are more like roommates than husband & wife lately. It's all about tag teaming to get stuff done: taking care of the kid, mowing the lawn, taking care of the dogs, fixing food, cleaning the house, etc. we sleep in the same bed but go to bed at different times so we hardly kiss goodnight anymore. I keep thinking I should make more of an effort at romance, but then I fall asleep! Can't wait till things get better! I keep thinking how my folks got divorced after having kids & can't help wonder if that could be down the road for us too...I try to shove those negative thoughts aside but they always creep back in.
  • Options
    Tell me something...

- exciting: DH promised to watch LO today so I can experience my first trip to the gym pp. We're also going on our first date tonight and dropping off LO with my in-laws. Eeeee!

- scary: LO is starting daycare on Monday, and I'm so worried she's going to cry all day when she's not held. :-(

- encouraging: LO seems to respond well to our bedtime routine and she is starting to wake at predictable times/intervals every 2.5-3 hours.

- annoying: My DH is still sleeping and it's 10:15 am... But he was a great help last night with bottle feeding, so we're good.

- sweet: my LO might have laughed this morning?? Or she's just starting to coo more. She at least reacts to me when making funny noises and faces, so I'll take it!

- confusing: trying to figure out how to pump more efficiently and clean all of the f'ing parts! I feel like it takes me so long to set-up and pack-up each time.
  • Options
    - exciting: Chase has finally mastered smiling and they just make me melt.

- scary: sitting at work and feeling like I'm missing his milestones

- encouraging: I thought I would be more of a wreck going back to work but it was easy to get into a routine this week.

- annoying: wish my house was magically clean or a cleaning person was in the budget.

- sweet: my LO has brought my divorced parents to be friends again as they both came to my birthday dinner Thursday and got along. First time in years it's sweet they are making the effort and both listened when I told them that I am tired of being pulled in a million directions and they need to learn to get along so we can stop having 2 parties for everything.

- confusing: pumping at work. I hate it.
  • Options
    - exciting: I just got hired to start and maintain an online luxury furniture and accessories store. It's a part time gig. I get to work from home, and I'm getting a new laptop!!!!

- scary: I have to inform my Principal this week, I will not be returning to work in the Fall. I'm so nervous to have this conversation and for this life change.

- encouraging: seeing my baby's first social smile/laugh this week. I missed a lot of my daughter' milestones due to work so it helped confirm why I want to stay home.

- annoying: the amount of laundry I need to catch up on

- sweet: my daughter asked for 100 more brothers this week

- confusing: I'm really struggling with family planning. I really want a big family (4 kids) but I'm terrified to get pregnant again. I'm not a happy cute pregnant chick. I'm miserable pregnant.
    happily married since 2009, SAHM
    diagnosed with unexplained infertility, regular cycles
    Baby #1: ttc naturally for 3 years, 6 yr old daughter
    Baby #2: ttc naturally for 2 years, 2 yr old son
    Baby #3: ttc naturally since August 2016
  • Options
    @macynsnoop‌

I feel like DH's roommate a lot too. Kids definitely changed our relationship. It's not a bad change because we love our babies, but it's definitely different. I have found date nights are crucial. We only have been able to have about 4 a year (1 each season), but we really reconnect on those date nights.
    happily married since 2009, SAHM
    diagnosed with unexplained infertility, regular cycles
    Baby #1: ttc naturally for 3 years, 6 yr old daughter
    Baby #2: ttc naturally for 2 years, 2 yr old son
    Baby #3: ttc naturally since August 2016
  • Options
    I love this idea!

- exciting - my birthday is tomorrow! DH and I are going out for our first baby free dinner.

- scary - going back to work terrifies me. My SIL will be our full time nanny and I'm scared LO will prefer her to me.

- encouraging - I'm finally feeling like good mom. I didn't feel like a bad mom per say but I felt so clueless.

- annoying - DH just made a comment about the clutter on our dining room table. He was here when I got home with DD and she started screaming so I couldn't put the groceries away/pick up. Instead of going to put everything away he's playing Xbox. UGH.

- sweet - DD has really started cooing. This morning we just stared at each other and every time I said "ohhhhh" she smiled and did it back. My heart melted!

- confusing - navigating payroll at work so I don't go broke. Since I'm not being paid I haven't been paying my portion for health insurance. I owe my company $673 so far and they want to know how much I want withheld each week when I go back to pay.
  • Options
    hordolhordol member
    Exciting: Sam smiles now! Woohoo!

Scary: I go back to work on Monday :(:( I know DS will be in good hands so I'm not worried about him per say, but I will miss him. Also scared I will not be able to pump enough milk for him because I suck at pumping.

Encouraging: it really does get easier everyday and every day i love DS more and more!

Annoying: DH works 12 hour days in June and doesn't have a day off until the 18th. DS and I are going to miss him. Plus in already annoyed with picking up all the slack around the house and taking care of the baby myself basically, but I know DH would be helping if he could so I can't be too mad at him.

Sweet: watching my corgi trying to decipher her feelings for DS. She is still cautious and doesn't quite know what to make of him but she always wants to be near him!

Confusing: trying to decide what to do with our kitchen. It's not functional at all but we have made it work for almost 2 years now. Can't afford to hire professionals for a reno so do we try to tackle it ourselves? Just leave it mostly as is and get new appliances? Do nothing? Who knows.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    @AllyxCore85‌ go on the interview and get a feel for the company first. Then stress about what you're going to do.
    :-)
  • Options
    exciting- I get to see a new doc about a referral to an ortho doc (did you follow that) about my knee and foot. My foot has been broken for over a year and I tore my meniscus in my left knee right before I got pregnant, so they haven't been able to do anything until now for it. I'm glad I finally get to see a doc and move towards surgery and getting back to normal.
    scary- Baby is already 9 weeks old. I don't know why it scares me, but I think it's because he's really, truly my last, and now that my tubes are tied I'm simply never having any more babies. He's it, and it breaks me up sometimes.
    encouraging- We re-homed our cat this week due to family allergies, and while difficult, it's encouraging because we can move towards creating a home environment that is healthy and clean and happy for everyone in the house. Also, prescription cat food is expensive, so we don't need to worry about that anymore.
    annoying- My entire family is playing at the park without me (and baby). I don't even know how I feel about it; annoyed because SO has the night off and is visiting with friends and playing with my kids and I'm bouncing a screaming baby, but also alone. I'm alone (without SO) often, and he said he'd "be right back. He's never "right back" these days. I feel like he'd prefer to be with friends than here, yet he moans about how LO doesn't really "know" him due to him working so much...but he's not here now when he could have been holding him. Grrrr...
    sweet- My older kids with LO. Just incredible. And LO is smiling and cooing and it's just the best.
    confusing- I feel like I may be the only person on the planet who has a 9 week old and STILL has only left the house a handful of times. He hates his car seat, hates the car, only is quiet (sometimes) when the car is in motion. Driving and going anywhere is stressful so I just avoid it, but I get the feeling that I'm a freak. I wish I was young and full of piss and vinegar (life), and didn't care what people thought about breastfeeding in public, changing shitty diapers in public, and screaming babies. Then I'd just Chuck Norris the shit outta the days and make people wish they were me. Instead I stay inside even when it's nice out and watch United States of Tara, because she makes me feel a tiny bit sane.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"