Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Weird Question...

My mc has been very different this time. My drs have been tracking my hCG levels to make sure I go all the way back down to zero, which is definitely not what I went through with my previous mc. Right now I am almost five weeks post mc and my levels just measured 8 on Wednesday, and having some very light spotting, however I don't know what to expect when my levels hit the big 0. I haven't really been able to find any information about that first AF after a natural mc, especially after so many without. I'm starting to worry the AF of doom, but wanted to ask what other experiences you all have gone through after your level reaches zero. So please tell me what it was like for you, maybe it'll give me some consolation at least knowing what I could expect. 
BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

Re: Weird Question...

• I had a D&C, not a natural mc, but I have had very heavy flows for the first couple of days of my subsequent periods. I am not sure how "typical" any one post-mc period is, however.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • @meredithcarole‌ Thanks for responding. That's at least better than my nurses told me. I get the feeling my nurses don't really deal with a whole lot of natural mc women. Since everytime I ask them something they don't have much to offer.
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

• Loading the player...
  • I had a natural mc, and my first period was actually lighter than usual. But I'd wager meredithcarole is correct, there's not really a typical experience because every body is different.
  • Unfortunately, there's no way to know for sure... but after my natural m/c, I had VERY heavy flow for about 24 hours, then my regular mid/light flow for the rest of the 5 days.  It didn't take me nearly as long for my numbers to go down... I had my first AF in about 30-35 days if I remember correctly. Best wishes.
  • I'm in the same boat.  This is my first m/c and it was a natural m/c.  I'm only a week and some days past and I'm wondering when things will get back to normal.  My Dr. did not measure hcg levels (the only time I knew my levels was when I went into the ER to confirm m/c and even then they told me what they were, but didn't tell me what normal was or how long it takes to go back to normal). I go back in a few weeks to check on a cyst my OB found on my ovary, but other than that, I am completely clueless as what to expect from here.

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Update: finally got below 5 on my betas! Had a "normal" cycle, or as normal as I could have expected. I found my cycle to be very much like what I normally have approximately 28 days after my mc. I'm glad to finally no longer have to be poked and prodded every week. At least until I get, if ever, another BFP. DH has been amazing
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"