C-sections

Rash on bum!?

Has anyone else developed an itchy rash or irritation on the bum after having a c section? I'm guessing its from laying in the bed and the mesh panties.. Any reason to worry it's something more serious like scabies?? What ideas do you ladies have for itch relief??
First time mommy-to-be
E.D.D. June 1, 2014

Re: Rash on bum!?

• I was super itchy after my last c-section!

My doc told me it was a reaction from all the meds I was on. They were working their way out of my system. It went away in a couple weeks but I was soooooo itchy! Started on my tummy and worked its way down to my butt, thighs, legs, and feet.

Relief wise- nothing worked. I would get in the shower and scrub with my loofa. I would put lotion on. Take meds. It just had to run it's course.. I am sorry. I am sure that's not the answer you were looking for. Perhaps talk to your doc and see what they recommend?
  • capuletcapulet member
    edited May 2014
    This exact thing happened when I had DD, which is why I never got on board with the love everyone else seems to have for the mesh panties.  My doctor determined it was a reaction to the Percocet, so I quit taking that, but I can't give you any other advice other than that for right now because I just had to let it heal.  When I had DS, I didn't take Percocet once I was off the IV, just alternated ibuprofen and Tylenol, which was fine to manage pain.  And I brought my own underwear to the hospital and used it once I could get out of bed.  I still had some itching but nowhere near as bad as with DD.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"