August 2014 Moms
Options

Position of Baby

Am I the only one who has no freakin' idea what position their LO is in? I am constantly feeling all over to try to tell...is this the head? The feet? The butt? I have no clue. But I'm dying to know what I'm feeling because it seems like LO is all over the place!

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014

Re: Position of Baby

• Options
    Nope, you're not alone! I can't ever tell!

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker ETA: I'm on iPad/iPhone
  • Options
    BeachMBeachM member
    I couldn't ever tell with DS and can't with this one either.  LOL maybe I have too much belly fat to begin with to be able to distinguish body parts?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    chase16chase16 member

I can't tell either.. I'm thinking maybe once I hit 30 weeks or later? I'm only 27 weeks.

• Options
    Not a clue
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I just found out today, and he's head down.  That is actually what I had assumed (and hoped too) because I read that the bigger kicks and bulges are usually feet and the little ones are usually hands.   I was pretty clueless until I recently came across this. https://spinningbabies.com/baby-positions/belly-mapping

I've been having bigger thumps and bulges mostly in the upper right quadrant (sometimes it is in the upper middle or left) and little wiggles down low.  Then, today at my appointment, my OB actually pressed his hand near my pubic bone to see if he could feel the head, and he did.  I'm pretty impressed that he could tell, but he has years of training and I don't.  Things can still change at this point, but I'm hoping he stays this way!

TTC Since 6/13
    BFP 1: 6/16/13  EDD: 3/2/14  MMC: 8/26/13
    BFP 2: 11/16/13 EDD: 8/3/14
    Baby Brody born 8/1/14!!!

• Options
    Thanks for the info @Robinischo!

IAmPregnant Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP - 01/04/2016; EDD - 09/15/2016 DS #1 - 07/2014
  • Options
    sarahg8r said:
    Thanks for the info @Robinischo!
    You're very welcome!  I had my husband read it too and help me try to figure out things.  I still can't tell what everything is, but at least I think I can tell a few differences between body parts. At least I have confirmation that his head isn't bobbing up and poking out all the time! haha!

TTC Since 6/13
    BFP 1: 6/16/13  EDD: 3/2/14  MMC: 8/26/13
    BFP 2: 11/16/13 EDD: 8/3/14
    Baby Brody born 8/1/14!!!

• Options
    Nope. No clue! At my 28w appointment I actually asked my doctor if he could tell me what position he was in. He said "sure, for these 5 minutes!" He was head down and my doctor actually took my hands and let me feel where his head was. It was……cool but strange! 
    BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
  • Options
    poofwokpoofwok member
    Not a clue!! I feel him all over. The kicks and/or punches are felt from all angles of my tummy. I'm 28 weeks, I think at my 30 week appt, I'll ask my doc if she can tell me. :)
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    shevaCCshevaCC member
    The kicks and jabs come in different spots on different days and times of the day so I'm going with he hasn't settled into one position yet. Not sure when they start running out of room but I know they can flip all the way up to the last minute.
  • Options
    I can't tell at all! I think having an anterior placenta makes it harder.

But every time I go in and my doctor does an ultrasound, he's in a different position (feet down, head down, sideways!).

I'm pretty sure he's still got a few more weeks before he'll run out of room.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    photo 1535695_10204084387365984_9025186931759532004_n_zps94c2fa04.jpg

• Options
    I have no clue either, I think she is still moving around a fair amount.  I keep telling my H that I want to know which parts are where!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I can only tell because I also feel hiccups way down low. Sometimes I feel a little butt on my upper belly. You better stay head down, child!
  • Options
    Venus04Venus04 member
    No clue, but baby girl kicks in the exact same place all day, every day. She has ever since I first felt those flutters. She's totes too lazy to move around. 
  • Options
    I had zero clue until my midwife felt around on Tuesday. Baby is kind of in a "C" shape - head down near pelvis, back along the middle/left, bum up near my ribs, and feet kicking out on my right side. I think I feel elbows and fists near my belly button too!

image    image
  • Options
    I asked the nurse at my appointment this past Wednesday and she felt around near my pubic bone, all she said was she did not feel the head, so baby is probably still breach. I never have a clue what part of baby girl I am getting jabbed from.

• Options
    caybehcaybeh member
    I would guess head down just based on where I feel movements. When I had my appt last week at 29 weeks, my MW checked. She said baby was too little to tell yet.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    Not a clue. The only time I knew with DD was when she was sidewise across my uterus.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I don't have much of a clue except for when she is sideways...which is a lot. I keep getting the strongest kicks on the right side of my bump.
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • Options
    I didn't know her position until my mom told me and now it makes sense lol
    photo c9f20a08-e61b-4141-972e-d243ea91d7a9.jpg
  • Options
    I can feel my little guy's head pretty easily most of the time and he's definitely ALL over the place. I don't understand how he can flip around so much and not get totally tangled in umbilical cord!
  • Options
    RannndiRannndi member
    My girls are NUTS. I literally see them every week, but I still can't tell you which body part is which. Every week they're in a different position. Doc says that he's just impressed that I can tell which baby is which.

Who knows? I could be making that up too.

BFP: 12/2/13, EDD: 8/17/13

imageimage

Follow MacKenzie and Madison's Journey at randidooley.wordpress.com

• Options
    I thought I was getting the hang of knowing where the girls are but then my latest ultrasound was totally different than my prediction. Who knows!

Check out my travel blog.... www.SeeJulesTravel.com
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"