Cloth Diapering

How long did your NB stash last?

I really want to buy more NB fluff, but A is already 10 days old and I don't know if it makes sense to invest in anything else. I've been using infant sized prefolds during the day and NB workhorses at night.

She was 8lbs 14oz at birth so I wonder how long the typical NB sized diaper will last at this point. But I still really want to try some pockets for on-the-go changes.

Thoughts?
                      PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How long did your NB stash last?

• My little boy was 8 lbs 15 oz and at five weeks I'm pulling the newborn stuff. He can still squeeze into it but it's starting to leak.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you want to try pockets, you could get some in between sized ones like Kawaii P&Ns or Thirsties Size1

I do have one kawaii LGB on the way (should be here today) so hopefully that will last a while.

What is the weight range on the Thirsties size one? I have a duo wrap size one that still looks way too big for her.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Loading the player...
  • If you want to try pockets, you could get some in between sized ones like Kawaii P&Ns or Thirsties Size1
    I do have one kawaii LGB on the way (should be here today) so hopefully that will last a while. What is the weight range on the Thirsties size one? I have a duo wrap size one that still looks way too big for her.
    C wore the size one wraps within the first week or two, and he was 7lb15oz and 23in- so very long with skinny legs
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I do have one kawaii LGB on the way (should be here today) so hopefully that will last a while. What is the weight range on the Thirsties size one? I have a duo wrap size one that still looks way too big for her.
    C wore the size one wraps within the first week or two, and he was 7lb15oz and 23in- so very long with skinny legs
    Yeah E's been wearing the size one covers for a couple of weeks now and she was just a tiny 5lb14oz and 18in at birth. I'd say we got into them around week 2? When she got over 6lbs.

They look big but they fit just fine.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • I've also heard good things about Applecheeks size 1.

• C was also 8lbs 14oz at birth and my NB stash lasted about 3 1/2 weeks. I probably could've made it last another week, but we were already starting to get some leaks. And let's face it, I wanted an excuse to buy more diapers!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD#3 was born 8lbs 1oz.  We started NB cloth on her at 1 week.  She grew out of the NB prefolds VERY quickly.  But she is still wearing small prefolds, small workhorses, and NB covers at over 4 mo.  We just moved to the biggest rise yesterday.  I should mention that her growth has been on the slower side because she is a HUGE spitter.  She is in the 12-13 lb range.
  • The only true newborn dipes I bought were bg, assunta tiny covers, and workhorses. Started leaking from the bg around 5-6 weeks and she still fits in the covers and work horses. Can't snappi her prefolds anymore so I just trifold them. We also use p&n and thirsties duo covers, but which should fit for a lot longer.

DD is almost 4 months so we've gotten great use out of her newborn stash.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• The only true newborn dipes I bought were bg, assunta tiny covers, and workhorses. Started leaking from the bg around 5-6 weeks and she still fits in the covers and work horses. Can't snappi her prefolds anymore so I just trifold them. We also use p&n and thirsties duo covers, but which should fit for a lot longer.

Assunta tiny covers aren't really "true" nb. They are sold that way, but are really more like thirsties duo size 1.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• CLLDLLCLLDLL member
    I second AppleCheeks. G wore ours from 11 pounds to around 17 pounds. He could have worn them much sooner (maybe around 8-9 pounds), but we didn't start CD'ing until then. The official weight limit is up to 20 pounds, but G had chubby thighs so we only made it to 17.

image imageimageimage

Assunta tiny covers aren't really "true" nb. They are sold that way, but are really more like thirsties duo size 1.
    Oops. I knew that. They do seem smaller than my thirsties duo size 1's though, or I could be imagining it.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• km_mdkm_md member

I've also heard good things about Applecheeks size 1.

We used these on DD starting when she was about 8 weeks old and she is tiny. She did have quite a few leaks at the beginning though. She has long skinny legs and even on the tightest snap I had a hard time getting them snug enough. However I did just see a new way of snapping on the AC Facebook group for how to get a size 1 on a newborn that looks promising. Definitely worth a try!

• I think our mini coveralls will still fit for awhile, too.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the insight all :-) I just got a Kawaii LGB in the mail so if that works out I might pick up a couple more of those.

The applecheeks didn't look bad, but DH hates snaps, so if I'm going to sneak more diapers into the stash, they need to be aplix.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Also, I want to buy all the diapers! It's so hard not to, but DH would kill me.

Someone buy my bamboo fitteds so I can buy new fluff!
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Just reading this made me think I need more nb diapers. I just bought some from Nikki's. Don't tell my H!
  • I'd get some Rumparooz pockets with Aplix. They will fit for much longer than the size 1, and you should be able to start using them really soon (maybe even now), since they snap down really small. I think my son fit into his by 3wks, and might have even fit sooner if we had tried. 

I have 3 Rumparooz covers in aplix and I don't like how they fit on DD1. I bought 3 at once b/c they got good reviews, but they are very baggy in the back and the elastic front always folds in and the aplix strip scratches her belly. I want to love them, but I'm hesitant to buy RaRs brand again. :-\
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Bamboo fitteds? Are they newborn?
  • Bamboo fitteds? Are they newborn?

No, they are Diaper Rite bamboo size medium and size large (one of each). Tried them for ON use on my toddler and they didn't fit her well, so won't be using them.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• I think I was about to buy some medium.
  • I think I was about to buy some medium.

Want to buy mine? ;-)
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• I need to look and make sure that's the size I need.
  • Yup I'll buy it.
  • Yup I'll buy it.

Cool, I'll pm you.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• All babies being different, my LO was 9lbs 1.3oz at birth, and she fit into NB AIOs (lil' joeys) for about 2 months, NB prefolds (osocozy) and covers (RAR) for probably around 3 or 4 months.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"