October 2013 Moms
Options

LOs are sleeping and now I can't.

Sooo, in the last few weeks we have gotten the girls to STTN with generally only 1 wake up for a bottle, have moved them into the same room together, got rid of the swaddle and got them sleeping on the same schedule!! We had a little set back last week when they were sick but they fell right back into it once they got better.! Yay! It's a tiny little miracle.

So now you may be thinking "that's great. Ballygirl can finally get a decent nights sleep." Wrong. The last few nights my insomnia has been keeping me up all freaking night. Uuugh! The universe does not want me to sleep. I need to ferberize myself. Someone come check on me in 8 minutes, I'll be CIO...

image4months_2radioflyer
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LOs are sleeping and now I can't.

• Options
    I hate when that happens! I hope you get some sleep soon.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• Options
    Jalee85Jalee85 member
    I've been using Melatonin. Not as great as Ambien, but it may work really well for you. I hate insomnia.
    April2014 Siggy Challenge - Bunnies
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Jalee85‌ I've never tried melatonin but I've had several people recommend it. Does it make you groggy the next day? I love ambien and I've tried a few others, but I'm always so groggy afterwards unless I get about 9 hours of sleep.

image4months_2radioflyer

• Options
    LC122LC122 member
    Insomnia sucks but I know how you feel. Sometimes I get so excited about getting both kids to sleep that I can't sleep myself. (This is more when DH is out of town and I've got to get both down by myself.)
    I know you're supposed to "unplug" an hour before bedtime so your body can get ready for sleep ... And yet, here I'll be, bumping.

Off topic, but that gif of the baby falling asleep... I don't get it. I've had friends post videos of their kids falling asleep in high chairs. Never happens to me. Put those kids to sleep. How are these kids getting so tired they fall asleep sitting up? I guess I just try to facilitate a nap at the first hint of sleepiness. Myself, that's another story.
    Reading usually helps me though.
  • Options
    edaireedaire member
    @ballygirl‌, you are my new girl crush. That's amazing! I take 1/2 an ambien every night. It gives me enough to help me fall asleep and I can still get up with DS when he wakes up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Last night it was definitely anxiety. I've been anxious about the dog situation and my mom is coming today so there is bound to be some tension about Bally while she is here.

image4months_2radioflyer

• Options
    Jalee85Jalee85 member
    @ballygirl‌ no drowsiness with Melatonin.
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

• Options
    Just a warning with melatonin.. It gave me terrible nightmares! Like I was beating puppies and smacking kittens. It was awful. It happened every night and a bunch of other people I've talked to have had the same thing happen! It puts you into such a deep sleep that your dreams get crazy! Just a heads up.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• Options
    Jalee85Jalee85 member

Just a warning with melatonin.. It gave me terrible nightmares! Like I was beating puppies and smacking kittens. It was awful. It happened every night and a bunch of other people I've talked to have had the same thing happen! It puts you into such a deep sleep that your dreams get crazy! Just a heads up.

Ambien can do the same thing!
    imageimageimage     
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"