Trying to Get Pregnant

Gardeners! Halp!

Someone... perhaps the dog, maybe the bunnies? Are destroying my cukes and starting in on my zucchini. The marigolds aren't effective yet. The zucchini I'm not too worried about because I clip big leaves anyway but the cukes are being eaten at the first sign of true leaves. Thoughts? We are getting a lot of Florida style afternoon rain too so spray on will wash off

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

Re: Gardeners! Halp!

• Yeah, new shoots being nuked are deer and rabbits.  Cougar and bobcat urine products are good for setting up a perimeter for your garden.  You can also fence in it, but make sure the perimeter is dug in deep, maybe with a buried L bend.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited May 2014
    @MauiBliss‌ I love that you have a customer! I do leave tomato worms out for the birds... same with other large worms. Cabbage worms I just squish. I actually just came in from my daily egg scrape.

We have no deer, just ballsy bunnies. The whole predator thing doesn't deter them... They even poop on the dog's poop in a big ol' FU. I do know that the dog was eating the bean shoots - I caught him red snouted, the twerp!

I am strictly organic/natural and make most of my own pesticides. Garlic fire is my favorite but again spray on washes off. I use herbs as a deterrent/odor masker as well. The sage and rosemary are doing a decent job with the brussel sprouts A good old soap water bath is always good too. Most of what I've seen hete is what I do save for the fence and once my marigolds are up they serve as a fence as bunnies here don't seem to like them. I will keep up with the garlic fire and see if that stops them. Thanks all!

ETA: I also put out beer for the slugs. The damn things keep eating my strawberries! And today I found a strawberry buried in the tomato bed. We rarely see squirrels because we don't have any big trees in our yard but that's the only one I can think of who would bury a strawberry!

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"