Stay at Home Moms

First attempt posting!

Hey everyone ! I'm 34 weeks pregnant with my third baby, have a 3 year old and a one year old.... And well I figured I needed somewhere where someone may understand me cuz I feel like I'm losing my mind!!! I am at home with my kids and live a very lucky life, my kids are very privileged and we have no financial worries, which is good but not enough... I am in a place where I am so frustrated I don't even know what to do... I do everything for my kids my husband doesn't help at all, he can't even manage watching them so I can have a bath, I literally have to get th to sleep and if they wake up it's out of the tub I go... The kids are so attached to me because I am the only one who's ever cared for them, so they want to be with me 24-7, I can't even run to the grocery store without having to take them both. Even if the one year old is sleeping I am expected to take him cuz what if he wakes up, he will want mommy... I am so stressed with not having two minutes to myself... And now with this baby growing bigger in me and the strain on my body (I also suffer from horrible restless leg syndrome so sleeping is impossible at night) I am still expected to do everything around the house... I cook clean mow the lawn clean the pool take care of our three dogs and the kids and do all the running around... My husband feels he is entitled to kick off his shoes and do nothig when he gets him cuz he's been at work.... (He owns a company and has a lot of freedom in his job, at least 2-3 days a week he will be out having lunch with his co-workers (all friends) having beers and then coming home and will nap it off)... Am I crazy to be feeling like this is unfair ? I'm 27 and paused my career (after 4 years of university and 2 in college to become a real estate agent) which I was doing so well at and now I feel like I don't have any hope
of ever getting my life back cuz I'm so consumed by everyone else's...
I know I am whining and have everything I need for my kids and am blessed but I feel like I'm losing it with everything put on me and no support

Re: First attempt posting!

• These sound like issues best discussed with your husband.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mother is no help, more work when she's around, just another person who expects me to do stuff for them...
    My husbands family would be amazing but they live on the other side of the country, so no help there... My friends are good will help wit the kids when over etc but none of them have kids and they live very different lives so it's not like there is really anyone who volunteers to help out... We are going to look into a nanny when the new baby is here but the fact that I would have some freedom seems to bother my husband so he will probably push against it for awhile... And I've tried countless times to talk to him but he doesn't see it. He was raised in a very rough home with a deadbeat father so in his eyes just providing and not being a cheater makes him a 10 out of 10.. He is impossible to get to understand what I am feeling because he's never had to do what I do... God the guy took a nap before our 2nd was born because he needed to be rested for going to the hospital, well I sat around contracting and getting our three year old fed and ready for bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Doesn't sound insulting, sounds honest. Thanks for taking the time to read my post, feels good just venting it out.
  • Mbunting said:
     God the guy took a nap before our 2nd was born because he needed to be rested for going to the hospital, well I sat around contracting and getting our three year old fed and ready for bed.
    Holy shitballs, that would not sit well with me. I would definitely go to couples counseling. It may be enough to make him see that you need more help than you're getting. Parenting is 50/50 whether you stay at home or work out of the home. A counselor might be enough to mediate the problems between the two of you. I'm sorry you're going through this. It sounds like a rough spot to be in.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • AndrewsgalAndrewsgal member
    edited May 2014
    I seriously can't believe you got knocked up from this ass not once but three times. That was a very poor decision that is all on you. Second you need counseling now. Your husband is a world class jerk and for some reason you tolerate it. That is not okay. Third find an occasional sitter if you can't get a nanny right now. Someone that comes to your house even two days a week will help a lot. Oh and fourth I think the word you are looking for is BECAUSE.
  • 1. Counseling. Now. Both together and separately.

2. Tell your husband to man up. He helped make 'em, he can help take care of 'em.

3. Your husband is an ass.
  • Ditto everything Cj said.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"