November 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Options
    MaelaraMaelara member
    I think the glitter is gone too. Also, @mrsmechanic1‌ I was personally referring to someone else, not you with the implying that lisaren go somewhere else. I don't know if your first paragraph is directed at me or not, but I felt it was necessary to say so! I hate miscommunication.

I think we all need to remember that her loss and a lot of other girls that have stuck around actually, are still very fresh. If ANYONE said anything insensitive regarding loss to @Aaren91011‌ (and our other girls, Im just bad at remembering full names) I would fuck them up. @lisaren's loss gets brought up because it's fresh.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maelara said:
    dmo1371 said:
    Holy crap I missed a lot today. Before I read this thread my FFFC was going to be that I think there is too many "rainbows and unicorns" on this board. I feel like we had more of a variety of people when the board started, and it seems very lopsided now. Yes, I know I could just not post here, but this is my BMB too and it used to be so fun with the variety of people. 

I guess I just feel like I'm walking on eggshells a lot on this board, something I didn't have to worry about on the last board I was on. I'm sure I'll make it on some sticky notes if I haven't already. 

ETA: This has nothing to do with @Lisaren or her loss, but just the general tone of the board.

I feel like I'm walking on egg shells too, but I don't think it's for the same reason (judging by your love tits). My other BMB is nothing like this one either. It's just... Different. We support each other differently. Don't get me wrong, we've had drama. But we are a kittens and rainbow board. That's for sure!
    The board just had a different feel to it initially than it does now. 
    I'm so confused as to why people think this board is too fluffy or too many unicorns and rainbows but still feel like they are walking on eggshells. You're not the only one who says it @dmo1371‌, I read it all the time on threads. It's like an oxymoron.
    I feel like I'm walking on eggshells, because people's feelings seem to get hurt so easily. A differing opinion should not be seen as a personal attack. Not saying that everyone thinks that here, but it seems a lot do. I really don't think anyone was attacking anyone else in this thread (at least initially), just giving their opinions and look how many people took that as a personal attack against their friend? 

*TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    Unicorns are terrifying with those daggers on their heads! Know what's at the end of rainbows? An evil leprechaun! Have you ever seen the movie? Glitter is gnarly. It never cleans off when you get it on you. Then there's just a weird sparkle in the corner of your eye that you see but YOU CAN'T FIND IT BECAUSE IT IS SENT FROM THE DEVIL!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm usually not one to rock the boat to hard but I'm gonna say it cause that's who I am. Sounds like someone is a little butt hurt they didn't get elected mod? Jus sayin!

That's fucked up.  In fact I would have turned it down had I been elected due to the change in jobs, but I was on vacation while the voting was going on and wasn't on TB.  But nice try.

My opinion! Ftr I have nothing against you, but this is the impression I get!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think it was super tacky to post a name thread about the name Brody. Then have people make negative comments about the name Brody. Super tacky. there's a name board that this could have easily been done on. I know this is because of my personal experience and I cannot expect not one person to never mention anything "Lisa pregnancy related" but JFC it was just like bam all up in my face.
    I thought the same thing. And was worried about it the moment I saw the thread. :( I'm sorry Hun. I love the name Brody. I look at it this way, only one sweet baby in our group should have that name, and that's your little man. ((Hugs)) love you!
    I haven't read the rest of this thread yet, but I was thinking this also. As soon as I saw that name post, I was thinking, "Man, that's not cool." And then some other people mentioned that Brody was one of their possible names also. Like what, we're going to have a bunch of bitches on here rocking the name Brody in their siggies? That seems so inconsiderate and cruel to Lisa. Brody is a really cute name, but if I were going to use it, I would have the decency not to throw it in Lisa's face.

Disclaimer: I honestly have no recollection of who the OP of the name post is, and if it was a casual poster who didn't know Lisa's son's name, I will give her a pass. But a reg should know better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MaelaraMaelara member
    I just want to clarify that I don't think it is @‌blackbooks at all that Implied Lisa should go elsewhere. It was Bree. I'm sorry, I can't remember the numbers,
  • Options

I'm usually not one to rock the boat to hard but I'm gonna say it cause that's who I am. Sounds like someone is a little butt hurt they didn't get elected mod? Jus sayin!

That's fucked up.  In fact I would have turned it down had I been elected due to the change in jobs, but I was on vacation while the voting was going on and wasn't on TB.  But nice try.
    My opinion! Ftr I have nothing against you, but this is the impression I get!

It's not called an opinion when it's either true or false.  It's called an accusation and it's a cheap shot to try to stir up shit.

Huh, the pot calling the kettle?
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    lisarenlisaren member
    edited May 2014
    Hey read what I said to her... I said that it was ok. And it was like 3 days ago. I didn't jump her shit so yeah reread that again.

• Options
    lissydee said:

I am a fucking dumbass.    I tried to change my belly button jewelry this morning.....about 20 minutes after I put Bio Oil on my belly.     Sigh......Fail......

I really don't know if I should bother trying to save my piercings,  or just say fuck em and let em all close.

Fwiw I took out my navel ring during my first pregnancy and never put anything back in and my hole is still open (heh, that sounds dirty).
    @mander82 - I don't know how long you've had yours in, but I had my belly button ring for over 10 yrs before DS. When I got pregnant with him, I figured I'd let mine close up. It closed on the inside, but the hole still looks the same on the top and bottom. So 3 years later, I have a weird-looking hole that's useless.
  • Options
    MaelaraMaelara member
    Bree8485 said:
    I just want to clarify that I don't think it is @‌blackbooks at all that Implied Lisa should go elsewhere. It was Bree. I'm sorry, I can't remember the numbers,
    Please show me where I said she should go elsewhere. I responded to a poster who said we need to watch what we say around her because it's still fresh. I said that's what the loss boards are for. I said anyone who's comfortable posting here after a loss is more than welcome. I said that wouldn't be the case for me and that she didn't seem comfortable with the post she went off about. I never once said I thought she should leave the board completely.

:/

I should have added that little blurb to my post to Aaren. My apologies for not being more clear, i seem good at that today. I did go back and look at the other posts and agree that nobody directly told her to go somewhere else (the loss board); however, it seemed blatantly clear that you implied that is where she should go.
  • Options
    lisarenlisaren member
    Bree8485 said:

Maelara said:

Bree8485 said:

Maelara said:

Please show me where I said she should go elsewhere. I responded to a poster who said we need to watch what we say around her because it's still fresh. I said that's what the loss boards are for. I said anyone who's comfortable posting here after a loss is more than welcome. I said that wouldn't be the case for me and that she didn't seem comfortable with the post she went off about. I never once said I thought she should leave the board completely.

I should have added that little blurb to my post to Aaren. My apologies for not being more clear, i seem good at that today. I did go back and look at the other posts and agree that nobody directly told her to go somewhere else (the loss board); however, it seemed blatantly clear that you implied that is where she should go.
    Let me be perfectly clear, I have no problem with Lisa posting here. My problem is with everyone else that said we need to watch what we post because of her loss. I don't feel that I need to watch what kind of pregnancy related posts that I post on a PREGNANCY board. That's what loss boards are for and that's what I was trying to make blatantly clear in my post.

---~~~~~~~,

I agree 100%

• Options

I haven't read the rest of this thread yet, but I was thinking this also. As soon as I saw that name post, I was thinking, "Man, that's not cool." And then some other people mentioned that Brody was one of their possible names also. Like what, we're going to have a bunch of bitches on here rocking the name Brody in their siggies? That seems so inconsiderate and cruel to Lisa. Brody is a really cute name, but if I were going to use it, I would have the decency not to throw it in Lisa's face.

Disclaimer: I honestly have no recollection of who the OP of the name post is, and if it was a casual poster who didn't know Lisa's son's name, I will give her a pass. But a reg should know better.
    So none of the 800 or so women who have come, gone, have yet to arrive can't name their child Brody?  That's fucking ridiculous. 
    Pretty sure those 800 people aren't posting all the time. I was more referring to REGULARS with siggy pics/tickers who post frequently. As I said, I wouldn't fault anyone who doesn't know about Lisa's Brody, but I would definitely see how seeing "Brody is ___ months old" would hurt like hell. So IMO, if you know about Lisa's situation, and you still choose the name Brody, it would seem considerate to maybe make your ticker say "Little man is ___ months old" or something rather than putting the name Brody in your siggy. Then again, this is my opinion when Lisa's loss is still fresh...I may feel differently later, but my point was that seeing the name made me hurt for Lisa.

But tell me again how my opinion was "fucking ridiculous"...You seemed awfully up in arms about people not respecting you, but your posts have been some of the most offensive I've read in this thread.
  • Options
    Bree8485 said:
    Bree8485 said:

-------------------------------------------------- Let me be perfectly clear, I have no problem with Lisa posting here. My problem is with everyone else that said we need to watch what we post because of her loss. I don't feel that I need to watch what kind of pregnancy related posts that I post on a PREGNANCY board. That's what loss boards are for and that's what I was trying to make blatantly clear in my post. ETA: I don't really understand how anything can be "implied" and also be "blatantly clear" at the same time.
    I don't know where you and MM1 are getting this from. Lisa's FFFC was about someone posting her son's NAME. That's pretty fucking specific. She is not saying she is bothered by general pregnancy posts.
  • Options
    lisarenlisaren member
    And I reread my original
    Post about the name and yes, I was irrational. But I think it was due to the fact I was having anxiety about picking up Brody's remains tomorrow, and that my daughter had a bad morning, therefore causing her to cry before school.
    So yes, a combination of utter shit, and while drinking my morning chai logging on to TB, I should have just posted my fffc was that I love Britney Spears. But I didn't.
    Not making excuses or playing Olympics just critiquing myself and realizing how I could have handled myself better in my OP and in the future.

Good night world.

• Options
    It was not in reference to her son.  It was in reference to someone else's pregnancy.  That should be fair game.  By your rules, for some reason it's not.

I was saying that the idea that someone couldn't name their child Brody was ridiculous.  So is the thought that they couldn't put that in their siggy.  Because it is.  That's the censorship and eggshells we're talking about.
    Ok. Let's all name our boys that and post the name in our siggies. Then let's flame her for confessing in a FFF CONFESSION post that it bothers her.

I didn't say anyone COULDN'T name their kid that. I merely stated my opinion of what a considerate friend would and would not do. We clearly have different definitions of what it means to be respectful and considerate.
  • Options
    lisaren said:
    I also wanted to add that is one of the reasons I made the thread the comfy couch, because many people are not as comfy going to the loss boards, or other soon to be moms need a place to release. So I try to limit loss talk to there, unless it's pertinent to the board in general (contrary to what some may believe) I also wonder if my loss hit close to home for so many here. There was a few weeks of mega losses. Everyone was having their NT scans, we were all hitting the 12 week marks and bam, the cystic hygroma. Then I was on a wait and see for 1week, then the news of T18. Then making the choice. So many here were a little anxious awaiting their own scans. I'm just thinking out loud here. I hope I can be a friend if anyone needs me here. I hope that from here on out, all the babies from N14 come healthy into this crazy world. Babies are such a miracle.
    You are totally right. Your loss hit all of us in varying ways. For me, just seeing the word "T18" brings me right back to the anxious wait with my son when I was high risk for that. DH and I decided the choice we would make. It was terrifying. Mad props to you again for your incredible strength through all of this.
  • Options
    Lol, @Kllopez1221 - Thanks for bringing it all home with the poop update.
  • Options
    MaelaraMaelara member
    I have another confession. I went to go pee and saw my DH left the bathroom completely without toilet paper so I was a little miffed. Anyway, I went and got some from the hall closet but the big Costco size thing of TP came crashing out and woke DD up. So I got super pissed and stormed into the garage where DH is and I yelled at him. He was so surprises he cut his finger. Now I feel bad.
    Did you give your DH toilet paper to stop the bleeding? :-)

Lol, it wasnt deep enough to bleed. He mainly got his nail.
  • Options
    TeeJ526TeeJ526 member
    @Nfranco973‌ Awww... I got my panties in a bunch... OK...
  • Options
    MaelaraMaelara member
    Kristy774 said:
    Made me think of this thread

OMG! You read my mind! I've been trying to load that gif but my iPad is having issues. I <3 you!
  • Options
    @Maelara‌ I didn't read your mind :( I got it from you!!! ;)
  • Options
    MaelaraMaelara member
    Kristy774 said:
    @Maelara‌ I didn't read your mind :( I got it from you!!! ;)

Oh yeah! Lol!!
  • Options
    Just felt like a puppy burrito was needed... image

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"