January 2015 Moms
Options

Prenatal yoga?

I am trying to figure out how to modify my workout schedule/goals now that I have 2 babies on the way. My scheduled 1/2 marathons and marathon are out the window I think.

I am contemplating a prenatal yoga class. Thoughts? Has anyone taken prenatal yoga with past pregnancies or planning to with your current pregnancy?

Re: Prenatal yoga?

• Options
    Planning, with past pregnancy. Had an awesome mommy store with yoga there and wrap classes and.... but I moved so not an option now, unless you live in Denver. I am looking it up right now for here....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ktkoalaktkoala member
    The last two times that I've tried to go running, my hips hurt so badly that I couldn't do it. I've been thinking about trying a yoga class instead. We have a lot of options in my area
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    newguardwifenewguardwife member
    edited May 2014
    I have been taking a yoga class at work twice a week for the last several months. I told my instructor that I was expecting and she will help me modify poses as needed. It's been great especially when I am sore. I'm hopeful that yoga will help me stay running longer.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I did it with my last one and loved it! I will probably do it again this time as well!
  • Options
    I did it last time and it was great! I didn't feel like it was much of a work out though, but it definitely helped with soreness.
  • Options
    I'm hoping to try it this time around. The hospital I work at offers pretty affordable classes for prenatal yoga. Might be worth checking into hospital classes if you all can't find something else locally. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't take a class, but I follow a DVD. The ones I like the most make modifications for 2nd and 3rd trimester so the 1st trimester is still a good workout.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"