January 2015 Moms

Friday GTKY

The board is a bit slow today, so I thought a GTKY was in order:

1.  What is your favorite color?

2.  What is your favorite flower?

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on?

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in?

5.  What do you miss most about being a child?

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite?

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own?

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email?

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer?

Anniversary
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker
  DS #1 born 8/3/06, DS #2 born 10/2/08
TTC since 8/13 BFP 11/27/13, EDD: 8/3/14
US 12/9 found 2 Gestational Sacs, MC 12/10/13 6w3d
BFP #4 5/15/14, EDD: 1/25/14, HB 6/4/14 Movement 8/13/14
All Welcome

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image

Re: Friday GTKY

• 1.  What is your favorite color? I don't have one. 

2.  What is your favorite flower? Peonies

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? My honeymoon to Paris, Barcelona, and a few places in Italy. 

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? It's close to DC which has so much to do and so many good restaurants to try.

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? My mom. 

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? Don't really have one. 

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? Probably 30 but I only wear 2 pairs of heels, 2-3 pairs of sandals, 1 pair of boots, and 2 pairs of my running shoes consistently. I guess I'm a shoe hoarder. 

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list. Run a marathon, visit Italy, have kids. I guess I need a new bucket list. 

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? Text/Email all the way. I hate talking on the phone.

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? I love everything about summer. Running outdoors, the beach, and outdoor parties are my favorites. 
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • 1.  What is your favorite color? Orange!

2.  What is your favorite flower? I'm a big fan of flowers, so it's hard for me to choose - Tulips, Gerbera Daisies, Hydrangeas, and Gladiolus are my top 4

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? DH and I went on a babymoon when I was pregnant with my youngest to a small, historic town about 2 hours from us - full of little shops and antique stores and authentic German cuisine.  It was so much fun! Also, the cruise we went on after our first was born was a total blast, too!

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? I love that it's a small town, but not so small that everyone knows everyone and their business.  We're also very close to a couple larger cities so anything we don't have (ie Target) isn't too far away.

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? I miss Saturday morning cartoons and being able to eat whatever I wanted and not worry about gaining weight.

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? I love the 50's era

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? 6 pairs of flip-flops, 1 pair of toms, 4 pair of tennis shoes, 3 pairs high heeled boots, 2 pair flat boots, 10-ish pairs of high heels.

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list Sky Diving, Tour of Europe, and either base jumping with a flight suit or hang gliding in Rio de Janeiro

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? I prefer text and e-mail.

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? Favorite - Swimming and tanning.  Least Favorite - the Texas heat! If you're outside and not swimming, you're going to be soaking in your own sweat in about 10-15 minutes.  YUCK!!!
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
      DS #1 born 8/3/06, DS #2 born 10/2/08
    TTC since 8/13 BFP 11/27/13, EDD: 8/3/14
    US 12/9 found 2 Gestational Sacs, MC 12/10/13 6w3d
    BFP #4 5/15/14, EDD: 1/25/14, HB 6/4/14 Movement 8/13/14
    All Welcome

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.  What is your favorite color? Blue

2.  What is your favorite flower? Lilacs!!!!

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? Anywhere in Europe- Holland was amazing.

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? It's central to many awesome places.  NYC is a few hours away, Niagara Falls is 5 hours, Boston is 3, etc.  We can hop in a car for a weekend trip and be in many major cities or the east coast beaches.

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? No major responsibilities.

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? I don't think I have one?

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own?  Like a million.

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list: Visit the grand canyon, attend the Olympics as a spectator and go to China.

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? textiing for sure. I text a lot.

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? Favorite is the heat, swimming, sports, the grill.  I have ZERO least favorites of summer.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • 1. What is your favorite color? It's tech a shade - silver

2. What is your favorite flower? Peonies

3. What is the best vacation you ever went on? Jamacia

4. What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? It's close to us boarder

5. What do you miss most about being a child? Being carefree

6. Which fashion era is your favorite?
    50's
    7. How many pairs of shoes do you own?15 +

8. Name the top 3 things on your bucket list
    Go to Europe
    Disney cruise with kids
    Go to Hawaii

9. Do you prefer to call or to text/email? Text

10. What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? Being outside playing with DD / crazy heat
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • id012id012 member

The board is a bit slow today, so I thought a GTKY was in order:

1.  What is your favorite color? Blue or purple

2.  What is your favorite flower? Peony and garden roses

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? Hmm i think probably the vacation we used to go on every year as a kid. 2 weeks at the beach with family and friends coming down all thr time. They are the best memories

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? Its small and has a lot of great programs for kids

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? The feel in of the last dat or school before summer break. The excitement of christmas.

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? Hmm not sure

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? Probably 50 or so.

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list. Ill get back to yo

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? I hate the heat. I love that my mom takes the summer off and we do a lot of day trips and hanging out by the pool woth the kids.

• MaebbMaebb member
    1. Green or blue

2. Calla lily. If we have a girl, I thought about naming her Calla, but now I think that's too country, plus it sounds weird with my last name.

3. Thailand or Puerto Rico. Fun fact - DS was made in PR, and I was in very early stages of this pregnancy during our recent Thailand trip.

4. Good restaurants and close to family

5. Not having responsibilities

6. I think I like 1940's fashion, or now

7. I don't know...maybe 30 pairs of shoes

8. Have another baby, travel the world, adopt

9. Text

10. Favorite - longer days and playing outside in the evenings. Least favorite - working when other people are on vacation

As you can see, I had a hard time deciding on some of those.

• rmpar29rmpar29 member
    1.  What is your favorite color?  Depends on my mood.  Sometimes pink, but sometimes green.

2.  What is your favorite flower?  The classic rose.

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on?  My honeymoon.  Only time I've been to a tropical island!

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in?  It's away from the hustle and bustle of bigger "cities".  (I put cities in quotes because what they call cities near me are actually just big towns.)

5.  What do you miss most about being a child?  The lack of responsibility.  I hate having to pay bills and I could really use a day of no housework and napping when I want.

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite?  I guess I don't really have a favorite.  I just like simple, non flashy clothes that cover you up.

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own?  Probably about 10

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list  Go skydiving, go to Europe, see the Grand Canyon

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email?  Text/email.  It's just easier when you have kids!

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer?  Fav - the warm sun, least favorite - when it gets too hot (like <80)
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • rmpar29rmpar29 member
    1.  What is your favorite color? Orange!

2.  What is your favorite flower? I'm a big fan of flowers, so it's hard for me to choose - Tulips, Gerbera Daisies, Hydrangeas, and Gladiolus are my top 4

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? DH and I went on a babymoon when I was pregnant with my youngest to a small, historic town about 2 hours from us - full of little shops and antique stores and authentic German cuisine.  It was so much fun! Also, the cruise we went on after our first was born was a total blast, too!

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? I love that it's a small town, but not so small that everyone knows everyone and their business.  We're also very close to a couple larger cities so anything we don't have (ie Target) isn't too far away.

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? I miss Saturday morning cartoons and being able to eat whatever I wanted and not worry about gaining weight.

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? I love the 50's era

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? 6 pairs of flip-flops, 1 pair of toms, 4 pair of tennis shoes, 3 pairs high heeled boots, 2 pair flat boots, 10-ish pairs of high heels.

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list Sky Diving, Tour of Europe, and either base jumping with a flight suit or hang gliding in Rio de Janeiro

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? I prefer text and e-mail.

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? Favorite - Swimming and tanning.  Least Favorite - the Texas heat! If you're outside and not swimming, you're going to be soaking in your own sweat in about 10-15 minutes.  YUCK!!!
    RE: question 8, are you my secret twin???  LOL!
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake

2.  What is your favorite flower? Tulips

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? I love cruises, so I'd say our cruise that went to Costa Rica, Panama, Belize, and the Bahamas. 

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? I am close to wherever I want to go but not living in a big city. 

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? The free time! (Not having to work)

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? Hmm. I've never been much of a fashionista, so I am not sure

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? I haven't counted, but to guess perhaps around 40 (I don't wear most of them very often)

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list Travel to Australia (snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef), Win the lottery (I can dream right?), and be debt free

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? It depends what it is for, work I prefer emailing. Friends, if it is quick then text, call if it is longer

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? Favorite is my short work weeks, least favorite is the heat (100+ degree unbearable temps)

• 1.  What is your favorite color?  Green

2.  What is your favorite flower?  Dahlia

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on?  Yellowstone

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in?  Ugh, nothing!  It's the town I grew up in and I only recently moved back because we bought a foreclosed house to fix up and sell.  I cannot wait to move out again.

5.  What do you miss most about being a child?  Not being self conscience about anything.

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite?  The 50's, those women were classy.

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own?  Hmmm, maybe 20.

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list.  I don't have one, I guess I'll have to think about it.

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email?  Text/email, I hate talking on the phone.

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer?  Favorite - the smell of grass, leaves, the dirt after it rains.  Least favorite - boob sweat and swamp ass.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 1.  What is your favorite color? This year it seems to be purple (purple hair, purple laptop cover, purple water bottle)

2.  What is your favorite flower? I love Lilies! 

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? Would have to be the trip DH and I took to Hawaii. I also enjoyed a work trip out to San Francisco. It was just a really nice city. 

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? I love being near Lake Michigan in the summertime. With winters in Chicago, there is much left to be desired, but the summer is starting to really look up!  

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? I'm not sure. I enjoy being an adult. 

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? I am a fan of this leggings/yoga pants trend these days. So comfy. 

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? Maybe 30 or so. 

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list. Buy an island. That's all I got right now. 

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? Call me old fashion, but I prefer a phone call for personal matters. Business can be an email. 

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? I LOVE the heat and the sun! I hate the bugs! 
  • LanatirLanatir member
    1.  What is your favorite color?  Purple

2.  What is your favorite flower?  Roses.  On the living bush.  I HATE cut flowers.

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on?  Anytime I get to go back to Wisconsin and hang out with my dad's side of the family and help out on the farm.

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in?  I LOVE our church where I live.  I pretty much hate everything else.  We are super rural, so everything is at least a 15 minute drive (it's 25 to the nearest Walmart and our county didn't even have a Walmart when we moved in, if that gives you any idea what I'm dealing with).  Stupid Naval Bases being in the middle of buttflucking no where.

5.  What do you miss most about being a child?  Nothing.  I HATED childhood.

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite?  What now?

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own?  4.  Everyday work boots, flip flops, a pair of heels, and a pair of snow boots.  Why do I need any more?

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list.  This would imply I get more time to myself than just to sleep and sometimes shower.  If I really had time and money to do anything, I'd love to do some traveling without having to take care of DD.  Debatable if DH is allowed to come.

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email?  I text a lot.  Phone calls are ok.  I HATE email.

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer?  Least favorite part-- it's a tie between the heat and the allergens.  I don't know if there's a part I like about summer.  It's always been my least favorite season.  As a kid it meant hours of chores out in the sun and the heat and humidity in almost every place I've lived gives me migraines sometimes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2.  What is your favorite flower? Tulips

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? Our honeymoon to Costa Rica was pretty fantastic!

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? I love being so close to the mountains and the city. Colorado offers so many options!

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? I miss all of the free time. I miss my biggest problems being deciding which friend to invite for a sleepover this weekend.

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? I'm not sure. I got off the fashion train a long time ago. I definitely don't miss those MC Hammer pants that I wore back in the 80s!

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? 5? I guess I own others, too, but I typically wear only about 2 pairs.

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list. Hike the Grand Canyon, get my revenge on the half marathon, ... I can't think of another. I should daydream more often!

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? Definitely a text/email. I am pretty anti-social.

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? I love being able to grill out at home. And I love camping. And I dislike bugs.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails
  • 1.  What is your favorite color?  Blue

2.  What is your favorite flower?  Rose

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on?  Tie between Nashville and Aruba (two totally different vacations but both completely awesome)

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in?  I live in a city but at the same time, it's small and in my neighborhood everyone knows each other and watches out for each other.

5.  What do you miss most about being a child?  Being able to do nothing all summer except read, play and swim in the pool.

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite?  I would have to say the 90's

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own?  30-40 - I stopped counting at 32 and definitely had more

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list  Have a baby, Alaskan Cruise, meet my business goals

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email?  I prefer to text or email with everyone except my sisters.

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer?  Favorite part would be the cookouts and gatherings; least favorite part would be the heat.
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• mmookimmooki member
    1.  What is your favorite color? Green
    2.  What is your favorite flower?  Daisy

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on?  Cancun Mexico in college, spring break

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in?  ehhh  lower cost of living than where I grew up?

5.  What do you miss most about being a child?  No responsibilities

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite?  90s

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own?  Too many, especially if you include flip flops

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list  complete a marathon, travel the world

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? No

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer?  Love the warmth, relaxation, vacation.  Hate the humidity
    BabyFetus Ticker

• UberBizUberBiz member
    1.  What is your favorite color? Purple. Maybe Green.

2.  What is your favorite flower? Iris

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? Best vacation, would either be Paris, France, or when me, my sister, and two of our friends road-tripped it from NJ to the Mall of America. It was so friggin awesome.

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? Hmm... This is tough, cuz there's not much I love. I guess all the ice cream places?

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? I had a good childhood, but there's not a lot I actually miss. maybe just the lack of adult responsibility. lol.

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? Steampunk, does that count? hahaha!

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? Only a few, two pairs of sneakers, boots, and a shit ton of flip flops.

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list I don't have a bucket list. Does that make me boring?

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? Definitely text/email. I'm a nervous wreck when I'm on the phone. HATE calling people, even family/friends. It's kind of annoying, actually.

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? I can't say I totally love summer, but I like the beginning of it when it starts getting warmer and cooking on the grill, but I can't stand really really hot weather, Oh, and the friggin mosquitoes. I guess that's the least favorite part of summer. My poor baby has already got bit up all over his head :(
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1.  What is your favorite color?  Pink - yes, I'm not really a girly girl, but still love the color pink!

2.  What is your favorite flower? Yellow Roses and White Daisies.  I carried a bouquet of them for my wedding (and so did my girls).  <3

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on?  Cruise with DH when we weren't even engaged yet.  It was the December before we got engaged. It was my first cruise and I loved every stinken minute of it...plus I loved the great tan I got. Made my co-workers at the time, jealous. 

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? Absolutely nothing.  It's like the 90210 of NJ.  You can take a shit and your neighbor 8 doors down will know.  We tested the theory - my DH (bf at the time) decided to start a rumor I was KTFU about 2 years ago...it took exactly 3 days to get to ME.  BUT everyone knew about it...before me. LOL. 

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? Being able to be careless.  Playing outside, with out supervision and with out worrying about being scooped up by some maniac. Riding bikes all over the damn place and coming home when the street lights came on.  It was the best time.  Ahhh, memories. 

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite?  Eh...I don't much care for fashion.  

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own?  Not many now that my dogs have decided to chew on them. :(

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list:  remodel a kitchen (lame, I know), Start my own business (which I am!) so that I can work for myself, hit the lottery (probably never gonna happen but still)

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? Pick up the damn phone! I love texting when I'm at work or someplace where it's 'quiet'. But if you really want to talk to me, pick up the phone and call me, dammit!

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer?  Favorite part is the cook outs, fires in the fire pit, fishing, lounging on the beach, swimming.  Least favorite - the heat, humidity, god awful boob sweat, and the bugs.  YUCK!

Rainbow Baby! BFP 02/20/2018 EDD 11/01/2018
    BFP 10/31/2017 EDD 07/09/2018 Miscarriage 11/28/2017
    DD # 1: BFP 5/22/2014  EDD 1/30/2015 Born 02/06/2015
    DS # 1: BFP 7/18/2000 EDD 3/27/2001 Born 4/1/01
  • 1.  What is your favorite color? It goes between Purple and yellow

2.  What is your favorite flower? Peonies 

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? Our honeymoon.  We went on a cruise to the Caribbean.  The only down side was we took our honeymoon 6 months after we got married (Christmas vacation) and I was pregnant by then with DD.  So no booze for me!

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? The outdoors.  We are in Colorado Springs and I love being about to drive 5-10 min down the road to Garden of the Gods for a morning walk with DD.

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? Honestly, not much.. oh wait, sleeping in!!!! 

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? I'm NOT fashionable, I guess I do love me some 50s

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? winter and summer??  Maybe 10? 

~Go back to Paris with DH and the kids
    ~Buy a house on lots of land
    ~Visit 100 lighthouses.
    9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? Depends on what we are talking about. 7/10 it's text but I do like to talk on the phone! 

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? LOVE summer nights.  When it's been a super hot day and it's cooled off just right!  HATE heat… and we don't have a/c this year, I'm going to melt.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1.  What is your favorite color? Depends on my mood. Today, teal.

2.  What is your favorite flower? Roses. I have them tattooed all over my back.

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? Honeymoon to Nevis.

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? I live in Boston, and I love the people here. They're very down to earth, and I love the accent.

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? It's a tie between going to Chuck-E-Cheese and getting giant trash bags of hand me down clothes from big cousins.

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? ...sweatpants

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? 12-15ish I think

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list   Skydiving, meet my grandbabies, and finish my book

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email?   Generally, text/email.

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer?   Favorite is beach days, least favorite is nights when it's too darn hot to sleep.

these are fun! they make me miss myspace.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1.  What is your favorite color?
    purple, probably.  i tend to gravitate toward that the most.  also blue and green.  really i like all colors, depending on the context.  something to wear, painting/decorating the house, planting things in the yard...

that's a tough one.  right now, lilacs because they're blooming and smell soooooo wonderful.  in a few weeks i'm sure it'll be daylilies.

a trip to london with my mom and sister (and a handful of other family members/family friends) over spring break when i was 18.  it was nice spending time wih my mom and we had a blast all over the city.  we took a day trip each to windsor and bath too.  good times, good memories.

i like that i can drive 10 min in one direction and be in the heart of the city (or be at the light rail to get to the heart of the other city, lol), or 20 min the other direction and be in the middle of nowhere.

being relatively free from responsibility.  also, being incredibly healthy.

another tough one.  probably the '30s and '40s, if we're going vintage.  early '90s/grunge was fun and easy too.  lol

i have no idea.  probably 40ish, if you count flip-flops.

take a caribbean vacation (SO doesn't like that one, lol), play a gig and/or record a song (i'm still in the learning stages right now), run another half-marathon.  (i highly doubt i'll ever be able to do a full marathon.  i did one half before but i hadn't trained well because i got shin-splints partway through, so my time was abysmal.  lol)

text/email.  i hate feeling like i'm interrupting people.  with text/email, they can get to it and respond when they have time.  (of course, this depends on the situation too...important news needs to be delivered by phone at the very least, and i keep a standing skype date with my mom every week just to chat.)

favorite: barbeques and water fun (water parks, swimming, tubing, enjoying water in general).  least favorite: the dog days where it's 98* out and humid as hell and i feel like i'm going to die the moment i step outside.  plus SO's car is our "doing things together" car because it gets better mileage (it's a diesel), and it has vinyl seats.  if i'm wearing shorts, my legs stick to the seat, and it makes me sweat a LOT.  YUCK.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • 1. What is your favorite color?
    Yellow

2. What is your favorite flower?
    Hyacinth

3. What is the best vacation you ever went on?
    My senior in college I went to Panama with my friends, it was so much fun!

4. What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in?
    How much there is to do, from hiking to museums to going to professional sports games

5. What do you miss most about being a child?
    The ease of it

50s/60s

7. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
    Around 20

I don't really have a bucket list

9. Do you prefer to call or to text/email?
    Definitely text/email

10. What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer?
    Favorite: the long days, doing things outside, grilling Least: when it's too hot to be outside
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1.  What is your favorite color? blue

2.  What is your favorite flower? peonies

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? I don't really have a favorite

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? Shopping and restaurants

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? time with my brother and sister

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? I don't really have one

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? I have no idea, probably around 50

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list: Live in Europe, remodel a 100-plus yr old house, go skydiving if I ever find the courage! 

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? depends on who I'm talking to :)

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? least favorite part is when it starts, favorite part is when it ends
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1.  What is your favorite color? orange and aqua

2.  What is your favorite flower? orange rose, tiger lily- which both of those made up my wedding bouquet

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? Big Island of Hawaii- it was so amazing!

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? it's close to big places, like Tahoe and SF, but not actually them.

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? no responsibility

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite?  like.. 1880s? haha

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? 15 or so I think

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list: Have kids, get to Europe, buy a pretty forever home

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? text/email

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? the heat!! it's on average 100 here during the summer. favorite- long, light, nights!
    Baby Girl, due 12-31-14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1.  What is your favorite color? Turquoise!

2. What is your favorite flower? Hydrangeas

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? Honeymoon in Playa del Carmen

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? Its a very small farming community and its quiet. We're live close to a few bigger towns that shopping centers and what not.

5.  What do you miss most about being a child?Summers at my grandparents house with all the cousins.

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? Eh don't really have a favorite. 80s maybe? just kidding!

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? Around 15 pairs.

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list. Visit Manilla Philippines, visit Europe again, and go to Yellowstone!

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? I love calling my grandma but prefer text or email for others.

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? Favorite: 4th of July celebrations and having family over to swim in our pool! Least: Its Texas...... its gets very very very hot and dry. Starts to look like a desert.

• 1.  What is your favorite color? Red

2.  What is your favorite flower? Lilacs

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? Niagara Falls (Canada) and/or Disney World

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? It's kind of big city, but also has a bit of a small town feel. It's also pretty close to several other really great cities.

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? I guess the lack of any real responsibility! And having the type of fun that was completely uninhibited.

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? I'm not much of a fashionista, but I am a child of the 80s, so I'll say that.

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? 20ish? I donated at least 20-30 pair of shoes several months ago, though. It was hard, but it was necessary.

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list. Hmmm.... Travel to Europe, Run another half-marathon, have my student loans paid off. Those sound kind of boring. I've never made a bucket list. I should do that.

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? I used to love talking on the phone. I could talk on the phone for hours upon hours! Now I prefer text and email in most situations like making plans with friends.

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? Favorite part of the summer is that my schedule is more flexible. I'm a teacher. I do work during the summer (summer school and then I do workshops etc..) but overall I get about 3 weeks off and even on the days I work, I'm done earlier and have NO take-home work.

Least favorite is the extreme heat and humidity. It's no better than winter to me. I can't spend more than a few minutes outside at a time once it gets too hot.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• 1. What is your favorite color? I DK lol is that weird? I bounce between blue and purple and yellow depending on the day

2. What is your favorite flower? roses the pink orange ones that fade

3. What is the best vacation you ever went on? Family reunion in Missouri at my grandparents house on the lake with all my cousins.

4. What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? Its away from everything pretty quiet

5. What do you miss most about being a child? My mom cleaning hahah i appreciate her soooo much more now.

6. Which fashion era is your favorite? 60-70s like mad men :)

7. How many pairs of shoes do you own? 10 maybe??

have a baby- check
    visit alaska
    visit ireland

text or email i know its unprofessional :(

favorite is the start before school lets out
    least is weekends i live close to the beach and with my schedule i only have time on the weekends and its always busy
  • 1. Favorite color? I don't have one. I love different colors for different moods and time of the year.

2. Flower? Gerber daisies

3. Best vacation? Going to my grandparents house as a child.

4. City/ town? We live right next to a reservoir on the plains. I grew up in the mountains but love the stark beauty of the plains with the mountains still sitting in the distance.

5. Miss most about being a child? Playing with my 3 siblings. I always felt very lucky to be one of 4 kids.

6. 50's. I love the style of dresses from that era.

7. Shoes? 30-40 maybe?

8. Bucket list? Everest base trek
    Kilimanjaro
    Appalachian trail

9. Hmm. Depends on the message and the other party.

10. Favorite and least favorite part of summer? Favorite: longer days, least favorite: the heat
  • 1.  What is your favorite color? purple

2.  What is your favorite flower? Iris

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? Honeymoon in Italy

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? Being right on the water

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? No responsibility

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? not sure- I'm not very fasionable

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? geez, 30 maybe?

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list. Have a daughter, go back to Italy, not sure on a third

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? text

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? Being outside/humidity
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
    RAINBOW

imageimage
    Tiffany Blue

Lilys and peonies

My honeymoon was probably my favorite, so I'll say Orlando FL.

Its affordability.

You know, I'm not sure. I like the natural progression of life. But I'd probably say getting to play all the time.

Mod Era

Tooooo many, but not as many as my husband.

I don't have a bucket list.

Depends on the person and the content of the conversation.

Favorite part is swimming and watermelon. Least favorite is the overwhelming heat of Kansas.
  • 1. What is your favorite color? Lime green

2. What is your favorite flower? Gerbera daisy & plumeria

3. What is the best vacation you ever went on? Tie between my honeymoon last year in Cabo, and my 40th birthday trip to Hawaii (Oahu) w/ my mom & DD 3 years ago

4. What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? We live in the suburbs of Los Angeles...the city we live in is clean, quiet, and very family-oriented

5. What do you miss most about being a child? No responsibilities and summers off

6. Which fashion era is your favorite? 60s/70s

7. How many pairs of shoes do you own? A lot. My aunt calls me Imelda Marcos! LOL

8. Name the top 3 things on your bucket list 1) have another baby 2) learn how to juggle 3) go back to NYC

9. Do you prefer to call or to text/email? Phone calls! Maybe because I grew up in the 70s & 80s and we didn't have cell phones!

10. What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? I absolutely LOVE summer....especially when it's just warm enough at night to wear shorts & tank tops outside (but not too hot that it's uncomfortable to sleep)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Teal

2. What is your favorite flower? Hydrangea, Peonies, Ranunculus

DH and I went to London and that was amazing. It was too short by half though!

It's a small town, so everyone looks out for everyone else. I also like that none of the crazy relatives are OUR crazy relatives.

The freedom! Being able to sleep whenever I want, or eat whatever I want, or go running whenever.

I love the 50's style

Maybe 10?

8. Name the top 3 things on your bucket list:
    World Travel (Italy, South America, Japan) is really all I can think of!

It depends on the person. Most everyone I prefer to text or email but my BFF, mom, or DH I Prefer to call.

I love swimming, and grilling, and the sprawling parties in the yard. I love when you go running at night after a super hot day and the waves of heat peel off the ground and envelope your legs. I love the lightning bugs and laying on a big quilt counting the stars.
    I hate the mosquitoes, and I hate car seat buckles that are so hot they burn you.
  • 1.  What is your favorite color? Blue
    2.  What is your favorite flower? Don't really have one
    3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? Costa Rica was nice, but Hawaii was with my now DH and whole family for a huge celebration (my 30th bday, my cousins 21st, and my dad's bday, my DH college graduation, our engagement, ect)
    4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? It has a small town feeling but isn't really that small of a town.
    5.  What do you miss most about being a child? Not having bills, haha
    6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? I don't really have one. Comfort!!
    7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? Too many to count :/
    8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list Buy/get our own house, go to Spain and Italy and have a healthy and happy family (and of course win the lottery ;) )
    9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? Usually text or email. But it depends on who I'm talking to.
    10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? I love summer so I can't say I have a least favorite part. I'm sure this summer it will be our 100+ degree days now that I'm prego, but I'd rather be in summer than winter.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • allauraallaura member

1.  What is your favorite color?

Purple

I work with flowers so i love all kinds, Peonies and David Austin Roses are beautiful but i also love the simplicity of Baby breath, Gerberas and Animones

Camping with the kids. 

Im Lucky enough to live in Queensland Australia in an area called Gold Coast. I love everything about it, Its tropical, beautiful and fun

Hugs from my dad :(

40s-50s

around 20

travel the world
    own a holiday retirament cottage somewhere only me and hubby know about

Text. I neve look at my emails

BBQs and garden parties, Spending time with the kiddies
    BabyFruit Ticker

• MLC1990MLC1990 member
    1. What is your favorite color?
    Orange (second is purple)

Tulips

I loved Pigeon Forge, Tennessee as a kid. I am currently in Myrtle Beach, SC and having a blast.
    Only out of country trip was Fiji.

Tons of things to do. Really close to the beach & restaurants. Only 30 minutes to all of historic Williamsburg.

I miss being able to see my family whenever I wanted.

Roaring 20s. Sequined dresses, short hair, and awesome head pieces. Thing The Great Gatsby!!

Too many to count. 20+

Travel to Australia, Go on an African Safari, See the Northern Lights. (Can you tell I love traveling?!)

Call or text. If it's a long story I'd rather you call.

I love summer! Fourth of July is my second fav holiday! I love being outside.
    I hate the daily thunderstorms/mugginess.
  • ZoebotZoebot member
    edited May 2014
    1.  What is your favorite color? I love to paint with LOTS of colors, so picking a favorite is like picking a favorite child.  That being said, grey goes with everything, and makes all the other colors pop that much brighter.  I do love grey.

2.  What is your favorite flower?   Torn between poppies and peonies

3.  What is the best vacation you ever went on? When I was in college and stupidly heartbroken over a douchy on-again-off-again-boyfriend (whom I'd had plans to spend spring break with), my brother offered to have me come visit him in San Francisco.  He gave me a great tour of all the sites, and it was so much better than whatever the ex would have planned.

4.  What do you love most about the city/town you currently live in? The friends we've made, our church family, and our little home (that we rent) with the multiple gardens, 70's lino in the kitchen and 70's wallpaper in the basement - plus we're one block away from the grade school that has a huge field and great playground for Milo.

5.  What do you miss most about being a child? The lack of responsibility.

6.  Which fashion era is your favorite? The Art Nouveau era into the Flapper era.

7.  How many pairs of shoes do you own? More than I need (or feel like counting at this moment).

8.  Name the top 3 things on your bucket list. Fly in a hot air balloon... add things to my bucket list.

9.  Do you prefer to call or to text/email? Phone for actual conversations, text for quick details like "hey, wanna hang out?"

10.  What is your favorite and least favorite part of summer? Favorite: Swimming in the cold water on hot days, lemonade stands, longer days, farmer's markets, fireworks. Least Favorite: sweating.

edited: grammar
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"