September 2013 Moms
Options

Talk to me about baby classes

Anyone have any experience with kindermusik? Gymboree? Mommy and baby yoga? Any other kind of mommy and me classes? I signed us up for a summer class of kindermusik (it is supposed to help speech development). I would like to do some mommy baby yoga even if its a DVD if anyone has a suggestion. I'd love to hear what others are doing. :)

Re: Talk to me about baby classes

• Options
    Following!
  • Options
    We have been going to Gymboree since DD was 5.5 months old. She loves it! I love it! I met some great girls through the classes that we hang out with now for play dates. I like that Gymboree is structured but also allows free play and interaction with other babies. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Legitsince86‌ gymboree would be 45-1 hr drive which is why I haven't signed up yet. Most of the classes I have found are done in community centers or churches. They weren't very advertised. We haven't started storytime yet. Does your LO like it? What do they do? 
    @olga1311‌ I think I might go to gymboree once our kindermusik is finished because they have a Saturday class
  • Options
    @Salemkitty13‌ yeah they have weekend classed and we go with DH occasionally and he loves this opportunity to interact with DD in that setting. I did notice that because there are older babies in the group DD started developing faster by trying to imitate them. Things like crawling and sitting
  • Options
    We did mom baby yoga in the winter. It was great! I met a wonderful mommyfriend and we hang out a couple times a week. We are just finishing baby swimming lessons. Lots of work but LO enjoys it. We did baby time at the library and community centre. He liked those and I got to learn new songs.
  • Options
    My LO and I love Gymboree! We found a 5 class deal on groupon and will now purchase the semester. It's really pricey but he enjoys it so much and they give you a discount if you purchase the semester after completing the groupon.
    We've taken the gym classes and music and I prefer the music- it's more structured.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @BlondAmbition1230‌
    groupon! I hadn't thought of that. I'll be on the lookout. Thanks!
  • Options
    We have been doing mommy and me yoga since he was 8 weeks. It's been so much fun and it is great for us both. We have been in swimming class since he was 5 months and it's made him so comfortable in water. You can completely dunk him and he's cool with it. We are also in music class now. Lots of singing and dancing. It's a busy schedule but it's as good for him as it is for me. I've been doing a lot of lunching after the classes with other moms. Luckily I have a ridiculously flexible work schedule that allows me to do it all.
  • Options
    I need to look into a class for DS. My BFF took her daughter to Kindermusic and she loved it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"