Adoption

Matched!

DH and I were just matched with three kids (two boys, one girl) last week!!!! We are so so so excited! We did not think we would be matched so early. Now, of course, we still have to apply for official orphan status for them before we can start the next portion if the process. It is a long, bumpy road ahead of us, and we are praying hard that we get to keep these three, we love them already. #1(boy) is about 7, #2(boy)is about 3, #3(girl) is about 5 months. #2 and #3 are siblings, #1 is their cousin. I can't stop crying, I just feel so excited and scared all at the same time!!!
imageimage image

Re: Matched!

• Congrats! So exciting!
  • edited May 2014
    How wonderful and exciting!  You will never forget this day.

How long does the process to have them legally declared orphans take?  I'm assuming that's a determination in Uganda and not the US, correct?  Or are you talking about having the US approve the match according to USCIS adoption guidelines?  I'm always interested in how the process works from other countries, especially non-Hague countries (only because they can vary so much from the Hague regulations, and I'm fascinated by the different ways to arrive at the same burden of proof required by the US).

You are adopting from Uganda, right?  I know that in many parts of Africa, many of the children available for adoption do not have complete documentation of their past, especially birth records.  If any of the children you were matched with are in this situation, please take the last year of my life as a cautionary tale, and try to be as precise as possible when having birth certificates issued.  My son (adopted from Peru) did have a valid birth certificate registered by his birth mother, and still it came under scrutiny because it wasn't registered until about two years after his birth.  If this applies to you at all, please let me know, and I will share a wealth of information with you that may help you in establishing their birth dates in such a way that you will be able to have confidence in their validity going forward.  If not, than rock on!
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How exciting!

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• CheleChele member
    Congrats and keep us posted.
    10/27/07
  • JWinCTJWinCT member
    How exciting!! Good luck!!
    Happily married Mom to 2 beautiful little girls, 2 dogs and 2 cats (all rescues), 2 fish and one 29 year-old firebelly newt.
    ~ Hoping to add to our family by adoption via Connecticut DCF. Application submitted on 2/4/14. First home visit on 6/23/14. Started class 11/17/14.~

• Lacyj67Lacyj67 member
    Wow! Congrats your now a family of 5 just like that!! Good luck! Keep us posted
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• This is totally awesome!! congrats and enjoy motherhood!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    me:33 my wife:32      married in June '12
    LONG road through IF ending in heartbreak and frustration.
    Moving on to Adoption : matched 5/14! 
    Our beautiful son was born August 25, 2014!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• How wonderful! Wishing you and your family the best.
    I always wanted to be a mom, I just didn't know how I would get there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"