April 2013 Moms

Have you ever...

... looked at the "Baby Names" board?  I find it fascinating that people find it OK to completely tear apart name choices.  Now, it's not to say that some names ARE actually bad (ie: Inspektor Pilot, etc.), but taking a look at some comments people have left regarding fairly 'normal' names is crazy.

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

Re: Have you ever...

• I agree - with anything related to children or parenting, it's a total "to each, their own" thing in my opinion. 

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

• Loading the player...
  • I lurked for there a little while when I was naming A and found it annoying when people asked which name others liked better from two or so names and people would say "neither" or suggest their own names. Just follow directions and answer the damn question!

Yes!  Could not agree more.  And, like @jdubb13 said, they seem to always suggest very classic names, even if the originals were more trendy or unique.

• What I want to know is who are "they" and why are "they" regulars who make the rules?  

Good question!

• JSS1002JSS1002 member
    CoachTay said:

What I want to know is who are "they" and why are "they" regulars who make the rules?  

Good question!

"They" are people who errantly feel like etiquette experts and can quote rules and such (regarding baby showery boards), yet forget the #1 rule of etiquette: be polite and gracious.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • JSS1002 said:
    What I want to know is who are "they" and why are "they" regulars who make the rules?  

Good question!
    "They" are people who errantly feel like etiquette experts and can quote rules and such (regarding baby showery boards), yet forget the #1 rule of etiquette: be polite and gracious.

I love this one million times!!!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Ugh, that board annoys me so much. They all love the same names. There is no variety. And when someone asks for suggestions, they suggest the same names over and over again. Don't even think about an alternate spelling!! Yikes!
    Married July 2008.  TTC 2010.
    Stephen James born 4/24/13 after 27 hours of labor and 2.5 hours of pushing!
    Due with #2   4/16/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"