Parenting
Options

@RondackHiker & other morning sickness sufferers...

Ok, so I really hate to come off like the annoying whiney pg woman here, and i know this is only temporary, but im hoping maybe you (or others) had some tips for me on this.

I'm positive what I'm feeling pales in comparison to the awful sickness you went through, but ugh...I'm struggling with the constant nausea and feeling as if I'm about to toss my cookies with one wrong move.

I feel awful bc I'm home with DS during the day (and I'm barely able to do much besides sit while he plays) and then I work as a waitress a few nights a week. Im feeling like garbage on top of feeling like a lazy, shit mom. My poor kid.

I seem to do better in the evenings, but all day I'm barely able to eat sometimes bc of the constant nausea. Fortunately though, I am able to keep food down and havent been actively puking like I was when I was pg with DS...just constantly very nauseous.

I'm already taking a b50complex during the day with food and I'm taking my prenatal at bedtime. I started on 4mg of zofran as soon as I woke up and can take that every 6 hours, but it hasn't seemed to help very much. I'm stocked up on ginger ale and crackers which do jackshit for me.

Any tips to ease the queasiness? Or other things I should try? Tia. The help is much appreciated. Again, Sorry to come off as such a wimpy whiner. Apparently I dont cope well with nausea!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: @RondackHiker & other morning sickness sufferers...

• Options
    Thanks @gwinnygirl‌. I have to say, I was violently ill for the first 13 weeks with DS, but the zofran solved that.

This time around though, I may not be violently puking, but the zofran has done nothing.
  • Options
    @Spooko‌ thanks. The difficult part is find on something that sounds good. It seems so freaking counterproductive, but lately the only thing that sounds appetizing is McDonald's burger and fries (which I obviously dont want to get in the habit of eating everyday).

I just want to be able to function and play with my kid. I feel so bad for him.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was nauseous with this pregnancy until 18 weeks, which was unexpected since I had no m/s with DD. I found that fruit helped. It kept me hydrated and kept me from getting hungry, but it was still light. Particularly melons.

It sucks, hope that you m/s eases very soon :-(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I don't really have any advice except that the ds will be ok.

I can't see your ticker but e was 14 months when I got pregnant and I was non stop nauseous and puking. I even pikes in the or as my c section was being performed.

We spent a lot of time watching tv and me laying and puking wherever we were. My daughter started pretending to vomit.

Towards the end she would ask if I was ok and get upset if I was vomiting. 10 months later, I'm not even sure she really remembers all that.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @Studyinpink‌ DS is 16 months, so I'm sure he won't remember mom being sick and lazyfor a few months, but my mom guilt gets to me. it kinda sucks bc the zofran worked wonders in my 1st pregnancy so I was expecting it to work again.
  • Options
    Yeah, zofran didn't really take away the nausea- just puking.

But the constipation was a bitch. What about phenergan? I was too stubborn to try other stuff. if we are ever pregnant again, I will not be messing around.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Yeah, zofran didn't really take away the nausea- just puking.

But the constipation was a bitch. What about phenergan? I was too stubborn to try other stuff. if we are ever pregnant again, I will not be messing around.

Yeah, I see my OB on the 16th, so if the zofran hasn't done anything for me by then, I'll talk to her about phenergan. But i hear that stuff can make you super sleepy. But at this point, I'll take sleepy over nauseous.
  • Options
    Tiny sips or seltzer or Dunkin Donuts iced tea sometimes helped.   I wish I could come over and play with your DS during the day and just let you sleep.  I had HG all three times and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.  Hugs to you.

• Options
    Baked potatoes worked for me better than Ginger.

Have you tried the bracelets? The name is escaping me, but someone I knew used them.

• Options
    @FalconCrest‌ That sounds lovely! I actually napped when he napped today and that helped a little. We also made some fruit salad and snacked on that. Maybe I'll get somewhat lucky and only be sick on the mornings. I'll take any relief! Even if only in the afternoons!
  • Options

I'm sorry, girl. I had HG with both kiddos, and all the Zofran did was keep me just hydrated enough to stay out of the hospital. It's so miserable, and a major reason we are done at two.

I wish there was a better fix.

This. Exactly.

Zofran did shit for me. I used metaclopramide and it helped me keep some stuff down. To get rid of the nausea though... There's not a lot that helps.

I'm at my parent's house and busy so I can't look it up for you, but google b6 and unisom in pregnancy.

Ginger gum and preggie pops would ease it for a minute or two.

Eat the damn mcdonalds every day and feel no shame. If things get better you can stop then. If they don't, you'll at least get SOME calories. And it sucks, but force feed yourself as much as you can.

You have all my sympathy. Check out helpher.org.

image image
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, ladies. I'll try the fruit flavored soda suggestion as well. I've been drinking lots of ginger ale, coke, soda water and lemon water to stay hydrated and it seems like I'm most nauseous all day til about 4pm, then it eases up til about 10pm and then I'm nauseous again. So idk. At least I get a few hours of relief. Hopefully it goes away soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"