Breastfeeding

Does BF'ing = a bra 24/7? I like to let them hang & be comfortable+

but I'll obviously be leaking all over, so I'm basically going to have to wear a bra 24/7?  When will that subside?
~Jen
Married since 8.17.03
Mom to Richard 7.24.05, Ava 3.27.08, Isabella 5.19.09 & Timothy 10.22.14

Re: Does BF'ing = a bra 24/7? I like to let them hang & be comfortable+

• haylo33haylo33 member
    I wear a cami with a built in bra. That way I don't need a real bra but it is tight enough to hold in my breast pads
  • I've never leaked
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ejb23ejb23 member
    I stopped leaking after a few weeks and could go braless

-My step-daughter is 12 years old.

-BFP #1 on 9/2/12, D&C 10/18/12 no heartbeat on US @ 10 weeks.

-BFP #2 on 1/7/13, R was born on 9/22/13 via C-Section

• I pretty much went braless my whole 12 week maternity leave. Sometimes I'd leak buckets early on. Slept on a towel and changed my shirt! Leaking subsided for the most part within 6 or 8 weeks. Just small leaks thereafter.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I wear t-shirts around the house with no bra. I only leaked occasionally after the first month or so, and I would just put on a clean shirt if that happened. I hate wearing bras around the house!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • I never really leaked after the first couple of weeks, but nursing totally changed me. I used to go braless all the time, and now I wear one 24/7, even when I'm not BFing a baby. Sigh.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I leaked from the opposite side during letdown till DD was 15 or 16 months old. Actually I was still spraying milk from the opposite side till then. Just in the last couple months have I stopped wearing a bra to bed because it was just too much of a pain to try and stop the leaking from the opposite side without having a breast pad held in place by a bra. She was still nursing at night though a bunch up till 15 months when I night weaned and the morning nursing session was the worst for leaking/spraying. Now that DD is down to twice a day at 17.5 months I don't leak nearly as much and I can just hold something in place as needed. I've never even had an oversupply. My boobs are just extremely overactive with the letdown. You're just gonna have to wait and see what happens. Everyone is different.

I'm only at 6.5wks but I have this issue too during let down. It's so annoying, even with a breast pad, I leak through my bra and soak my shirt.
    happily married since 2009, SAHM
    diagnosed with unexplained infertility, regular cycles
    Baby #1: ttc naturally for 3 years, 6 yr old daughter
    Baby #2: ttc naturally for 2 years, 2 yr old son
    Baby #3: ttc naturally since August 2016
  • Just get couple of really comfy nursing tanks or nursing sleep bras. I wore a sleep bra pretty much 24/7 for maybe the first 6 months, but it was partly due to leaking (I'd only leak in the morning just before waking up, so I'd wake up soaked unless I had pads in), and partly because my nipples were always pretty sensitive, and the soft cotton bra felt better than my shirt, the sheets, etc. rubbing against them. For the last several months I'm back to my bra-less comfort, though - I only wear a bra when I leave the house. :D
  • You won't necessarily leak. I did for one week with DS and 2 week for DD. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Seconding the nursing tanks rec. FWIW, I can go braless now with no leaking, but it gets uncomfortable if DD hasn't nursed in a while - then I need some sort of support.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"