May 2012 Moms

Potty Training ::Update::

ebl2ebl2 member
edited May 2014 in May 2012 Moms
Tomorrow I will start potty training DD. I am going to do the 3 day method and I hope it works! Anyone have advice for us? I'll let you know how it goes next week. Wish us luck.

Update
Potty training has gone so well! I'm so happy and relieved. I have made her go bare bottom around the house for three days now and she's only had a couple accidents. I don't even have to ask her a billion times a day if she needs to go she has been able to recognize when she needs to go (most of the time) and runs over to her potty. Twice she started to pee and stopped herself and said, "oh no!" and then ran over to her potty to finish. She wears a pull up for naps and has not gone during naps and a diaper at night which she has used. We have left the house and each time I have her at least try to go before we leave and she has not had an accident. She still wears pulls up out of the house, it'll be awhile before I feel comfortable enough to not have some protection just in case. We went to a restaurant and twice she asked to go to the restroom. She tried and nothing happened but at least she didn't go in her pull up, she obviously didn't need to go but I'm so proud that she tried. I'm so glad she's doing so well with this. I really hope she gets use to using the potty before the new baby gets here (6 months) and she doesn't regress. Good luck to everyone and let us know how it goes for you. 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

Re: Potty Training ::Update::

• ELF4321ELF4321 member
    Good luck! It will be pretty obvious by the end of 3 days if she's ready or not.

We've been completely accident free for 3 days after only 1 or 2 accidents a day for a few days before that. Going out is stressful when she isn't able to get anything out right before we leave the house, but so far it has worked out ok. I just bring a travel seat with us and make sure I'm only taking her where we won't be in the car for too long and there's a bathroom easily accessible ( so far, she's gone at the library, her kiddy gym, and her music class bathrooms -- haven't tried a store yet -- that'll be interesting).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How long are your kids dry for?? I know Lucas isn't dry for more than an hour so I'm not ready to potty train. He has asked to go a few times this past week and so I take him and he goes so that's good. I'm letting him take the lead
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • ELF4321ELF4321 member
    bellelamb said:

How long are your kids dry for?? I know Lucas isn't dry for more than an hour so I'm not ready to potty train. He has asked to go a few times this past week and so I take him and he goes so that's good. I'm letting him take the lead

She can hold it longer than I can! LOL Usually anywhere from 1 to 2.5 hours, depending on how much water she's been drinking. She does still go in her sleep during naps, so I still diaper for naps and bed, but when she's awake she's pretty good about letting me know when she's ready. I do ask about every 30 minutes, just in case she's preoccupied and not thinking about it.

• DD is no where near ready, but fingers crossed for you! Please update us and let us know how it goes.

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Good luck! We have a busy June ahead of us, but we plan to go for it in July since she's able to stay dry for hours and wakes up dry 50% of the time now. Let me know how you find the 3 days method.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• T&BMay142005T&BMay142005 member
    edited May 2014
    Good luck! I'm doing the 3 day with Emily right now. Day 1 update: she peed 2 times in the potty, which both times I made her sit on the potty for long periods of time. She had probably 4 accidents. I learned that going outside was a total distraction. She was too interested in playing than trying to go pee. Hopefully tomorrow is better. I did the 3 day with With DD1 but it was way easier. She was an only child, a little bit older (5 months older than Emily) and was in daycare. I have Emily in pull- ups only for naps and bedtime. No more diapers. She is wearing underwear during the day. Clearly I need to update my signature. Emily turned 2 on May 19th.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"