December 2013 Moms

Annoying things people have said about your kid

2»

Re: Annoying things people have said about your kid

• dupedupe member
    Your baby is black and has slanty eyes....um I guess she should being that's she's half black and Asian, dumb ass!
  • Wow, people do suck. I find I'm still asked if I'm breast feeding by people I just met, e.g. MIL's friends, a B&B owner. Is this common? It seems like such a personal thing. I'm taken aback every time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would find it very odd from strangers. I will probably get a lot of it from my MIL and SIL when I go on vacation.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • "Wow, he looks nothing like you." (No shit!)

"Does he look like you?" (After looking directly at both of us)

"Rainey? What kind of a middle name is that? A family name?" (Yes. A family name."

"Wow, you still breastfeed?" (Umm, my kid is only 6 months.)
  • When C was about 4 weeks old two old ladies came up and went on and on about how cute she was then asked if she was adopted. (Are we not cute?)

As if that wasn't bad enough, when we said no, she asked us if she was Mexican since Mexican babies always have so much hair O_o

My husband is British and I'm Irish. We're basically translucent. Come on people.

DS is 1/4 Mexican and has barely ANY hair, which brings me to:

"Awe, he's so bald! Where's your hair, little one?"

When C was about 4 weeks old two old ladies came up and went on and on about how cute she was then asked if she was adopted. (Are we not cute?)

As if that wasn't bad enough, when we said no, she asked us if she was Mexican since Mexican babies always have so much hair O_o

My husband is British and I'm Irish. We're basically translucent. Come on people.

DS is 1/4 Mexican and has barely ANY hair, which brings me to:

"Awe, he's so bald! Where's your hair, little one?"
    Kahlan is 1/4 Mexican too and people used to tell me she had "an old man hair line". Oh good thanks.
    And at a pedi appointment, her doc commented on her skin color saying it was gorgeous. Then looked at me and said "it's not from you clearly, you have what we call pasty skin". I wasn't offended cause I do and it was the end of winter. Clearly DH is the Mexican one.
  • "What an adorable baby girl. What's her name?"

DS #1 born 12.3.13
    BFP #2 09.21.14 EDD: 06.06.15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh yeah LO has a strawberry mark on his neck and I get people telling me his neck is bleeding all the time. Not their fault though and I think they always feel quite bad for pointing it out.
  • Ktrue85Ktrue85 member
    Tardy to the party, but I'm so over people asking how old he is and when I say 6.5m, I ALWAYS get, "SIX months?! He's SO SMALL." Or "my child was twice as big at that age."

He's nearly average length but still in the 10th percentile for weight. Honestly, he doesn't even look that "small", just no baby chub. Fuckoff, his father is tall and lean, too.
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • Ya LO has stork bites too. The first pic we put up on Facebook you could really tell since he was so new. My aunt private messaged me on Facebook and said "don't worry. Those will go away". Not "congrats" or anything. FU. Even if they don't go away my baby is beautiful. I just replied with "I'm not worried :)"
  • lp0lp0 member
    People love to reassure you about stork bites. As if the marks were permanent that you'd give lo away.

@Risalyn222‌ Same for DD, you can really only see them now when she gets pissed.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"