March 2014 Moms

Dealing with headaches while EBF

I've suffered of migraines for as long as I can remember. Prior to TTC, I was taking daily medication. When I was pregnant though, I only had 1 or 2 big headaches, thanks to hormones.

The problem now is that my migraines are back (lack of sleep is a trigger for me, ha!). I know I can take a regular strengh tylenol, but that thing has absolutely no effect on me. Migraines SUCK and I feel like such a bad mom when I have to take care of my LO while having a headache. I will see my family doctor in July but meanwhile, I'd like to know how March mommies deal with migraines / bad headaches?

Re: Dealing with headaches while EBF

• MiliskaMiliska member
    Jt7dreamz said:
    Shot of expresso with two extra strength tylenol. Cold compress and power nap
    I have a bit of caffeine when I have a headache, because it helps, but I don't risk taking that much tylenol because I'm ebf... The power nap is a good idea, when the baby is napping too... I just always end up doing dishes or sweeping the floor instead... sigh
  • A bad headache? One or two Advil (ibuprofen) as needed.

A migraine? Two or three Advil as needed, ice compress on forehead and back of neck. If I have access, I go into a walk in freezer, or stick my head in the freezer at home. Rest when possible. Neck massage, back massage. Warm/hot bath and a glass of wine WITH the ice packs.

I do what needs to be done to survive a toddler and an infant.
  • Loading the player...
  • jwls84jwls84 member
    I take Advil liquid gel and go to sleep. Tylenol does nothing for migraines for me
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • You can take Tylenol with codeine, I had to take it all pregnancy.
    image         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MiliskaMiliska member
    DRFleener said:
    You can take Tylenol with codeine, I had to take it all pregnancy.
    Interesting. I'll ask about it next time I go to the drugstore.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"